GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Floor-hinged gas pedal from MK6 into a MK7? Any pointers?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i decided i wanted the floor-hinged pedal like my MK6 has. I wanted to see if it would physically fit/plug in to my 7. i removed the pedal from my MK6 and tested. From what i could tell:

A) the wire harness does not have enough slack on the MK7's end to make it to where the MK6 pedal's plug would be physically located. It would need to be extended
B) the plug didn't seem to want to click in; I couldn't really inspect the plug type on the 7, again due to how little slack there is. It is a similar looking 6-prong female plug on both cars
C) I DEFINATELY do not know if the wires are even the same, or in the same order, or anything about whether there are internal modules in either pedal that would cause them to not work correctly, but i assume it could work, maybe some wires need to be resequenced; but i have no clue lol.
D) I would need to drill a hole for the MK6 pedal along the 'runner up' panel on the floor toward the firewall, and also work out a way to make a hole in the floor for the 'clip/bracket' portion of the bottom of the MK6 pedal to go into and clip in, or shave that stuff off the MK6 pedal but then i'd have to find a good way to safely and properly secure it to the floor.
E) It is possible that the gas and brake pedal is of one assembly on the 7 - i'm not positive and think they are different but i didn't try to remove either from the 7. If thats the case this would definately be more hassle than it's worth

Anyone else interested or happen to have any info? I doubt i'm the first guy to ever try this out or wonder, but really hate the 7's pedal both for how it looks and feels and operates, coming from the 6. Really want the floor hinged pedal back lol.