GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

F-ing alarm clock!

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I am working nights right now and recently bought the Oregon Scientific alarm clock that wakes you up with a sound clip of a F1 Ferrari accellerating past and down shifting, music to my ears.

Today, however, it's set for 6 pm and I was just woken up at 1:45, cursing. I thought I set my clock wrong, which I sometimes do as my shifts change. But such is not the case: It is the Grand Prix of Toronto! The real thing!

I'm just sad that it's only three days a year....I'm going back to bed to try and fall asleep to the music of speed.....

bigdyno

In the states you should be able to buy them from Oregon scientific, they won't ship to me here in canada. DO NOT pay more than 50 us for the clock, they made a price change recently and there are still a bunch of places trying to sell them at 100 us.

The part number is FAP101.

I got mine off ebay 50 plus 15 s&h, still a good deal for me up here burried in snow. The person I bought from on e-bay war redlohnet, it came brand new, quickly and exactaly as promised.

I'm about a mile and a half from the track, I might ride my bike down tomorrow, maybe I can take some pictures.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
I'd look for that clock but my partner would go balistic of I got it... I'd be on the couch with the clock.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
i got the exact same one as you.. the ferrari wth the projector?
stupid things gone one hour ahead and ive no idea why!!!
i keep setting it back, even putting it a hour behind but it keeps going a hour ahead real time..
does it have a regional setting or something?!

bigdyno

bennylenny88 said:
does it have a regional setting or something?!

Yes, the clock synchronises its' self with the US atomic clock. It does this by a radio signal if you are within 1500km of the signal, so it isn't something you would notice it doing. I am not sure where you are (europe somewhere?) but you may be recieving a synch. signal. You can turn off the synch by holding the 'down' arrow for two seconds. Or if you are adventurous, press and hold the 'clock' button for two seconds, it will scroll you through Pacific, Mountain, Central or Eastern time and then through the 12/24 option, time and date and then language.

Check where your clock is set for (zone) and remember that the order above (pacific first) will add one hour per zone, so eastern is 3 hours ahead. I hope this helps you get rid of your problem

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
well ive also noticed that theres hardly ever any signal.. so im gonna turn it off..
thanks man