GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Cable not found error

aero0

Hi
So I just got my tune in the mail today. I followed all the steps to download, install and run the software (compatibility mode and .net framework both on). When I try to connect it gives me a "Cable not found... exiting" error. I tried reinstalling the program, updating the FTDI drivers, different usb cable, different computer(granted both were using windows 10) and nothing. Still getting the same error. If I don't try to connect and just click 'close' in the eurodyne program I get an "ecucomm3 has stopped working". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thnx

drrck

Go Kart Champion
You need to run the program in compatibility mode on Windows 10 if I remember correctly. Check the massive Eurodyne thread.

aero0

You need to run the program in compatibility mode on Windows 10 if I remember correctly. Check the massive Eurodyne thread.

I did run it in compatibility mode for Windows XP service pack 3, before I got the tune I read thru both of those massive eurodyne threads. I might have missed something but that's 300+ pages.

nis240sxt

Ready to race!
Correct, if everything was followed correctly and it does not find cable then power tap tool is faulty. Contact Eurodyne, good luck!

pixelbone

Any progress with this issue? Purchased "Eurodyne MK7 GTI Reflash with Flash Tool" on 3-25-2016 from uspmotorsports and have the "Cable not found... exiting" error :(
The strange thing i noticed about the tap tool is that out of two leds only one of them lights up. When tap tool is connected to computer the green light goes on. The other one (yellow?) doesn't blink no matter what.
Currently waiting response from support@eurodyne.ca

Mk7VW

Banned
Try running it with windows XP service pack 2. That's what I did to get mine to work.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
^^^

You mean in compatibility mode? What about running it as an admin?

redbrighton96

Any progress with this issue? Purchased "Eurodyne MK7 GTI Reflash with Flash Tool" on 3-25-2016 from uspmotorsports and have the "Cable not found... exiting" error :(
The strange thing i noticed about the tap tool is that out of two leds only one of them lights up. When tap tool is connected to computer the green light goes on. The other one (yellow?) doesn't blink no matter what.
Currently waiting response from support@eurodyne.ca

I'm having the exact same issue. Seems no matter what I try, I can't get the software to talk to the cable. It sees the cable as a device as it says "Number of Devices: 1" but can't pull an ID from the cable or otherwise communicate with it.

Tried various compatibility modes, driver revisions, reinstalling, different installation orders, and anything else I could think of with no result. On 3 different PCs at this point. Scratch that, 4 now.

I'm supposed to be getting a diagnostic application Monday morning to try to troubleshoot the communication issue.

redbrighton96

Success! The "Cable not found" problem has been resolved in Flashtool v6.5.9 ...at least for me :)

Yup. The software update resolved the issue I was having with that part of communication. Turns out I also had to do a firmware update to get it to talk to the car. But after very quick and awesome customer service from Eurodyne, everything is working great. Flashed the car last night and I must say, it's quite the different animal now. Very pleased.