GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driving Lights with Sport Setting

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
The lights turn more.

The turns on a track are much tighter than curves in a public road driven at the same speed, so the headlights move more.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Greater angle.

Imagine going 50 MPH on a race track vs. going 50 MPH on a public road. On the race track you're taking a much tighter turn at that speed, so the lights have to deflect more to illuminate the road surface.

It's definitely a setting where putting it in Sport is not useful unless you're actually at the track, or doing some canyon/backcountry road carving.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
This is what happens in sport, ain't a gimmick (stage 1 GTI).

https://vimeo.com/128700096

Some people can and do use it frequently. Feel bad for you metropolis dwellers.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
That's brilliant! Thanks for sharing the video! Oh my god... I can't wait.

You're welcome. It was a surprising feature. That combined with actual Xenons makes it a bargain.

Resolute Blue

Passed Driver's Ed
You're welcome. It was a surprising feature. That combined with actual Xenons makes it a bargain.

I'm not gonna buy my GTI until the end of this year at the earliest but likely at the start of 16 and the one big thing I keep hearing people say regarding the packages is "GET THE LIGHTING PACKAGE". LOL... No doubt it's worth it.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Yes it is worth it. Unless it simply a cost issue, it is in fact a deal breaker. It will be one of the first things people notice on the used market. Say what people want about the red stripe, it is part of the design. The Mk5 GTI had Xenons standard. The Mk6, like that gen for itself, got little attention and we didn't get the adaptive Euro lights. A Mk7 (9 years!) without them? Meh. Even the S3 lacks the adaptive feature.
An S or SE with them will be desirable while an Autobahn will take a huge hit. So that will balance things out. For $995 (REPLICA units are $800 while retrofitting OEMs is $2500+!) it's like they're giving em away. They also add another menu option. It can be turned off too.

elshamy19

I need help bad I own 2000 gti 1.8 I did head job full tune up.now the car is slow on take off and she smokes heavy is that cause of the turbo being bad...I need to know I put a lot of work and money into my car need help.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R