GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does this sound like an issue with my ACC

isotonic_uk

Hi All

Great forum, this is by far the best VW forum I have found, comparing with the rest out there!

So I have had my MK7 for about 7 weeks now, haven't really had to go anywhere which required motorway driving but am itching to use the ACC function. It was recommended to me to try it on the motorway first but having read some of the comments I could try it on a dual carriageway in the first instance.

However....

I think I am having issues with my ACC and just need some clarification whether it needs a Garage visit as the car is still under VW warranty.

Any morning I set off to work after a few minutes the engine has been on and I am driving up the road I receive a message to say 'ACC - No sensor view'. I also found sometimes when I press the ACC button I see the MPH adjustments but sometimes if I press it I just receive the !indicating to me that it cannot be used.

From reading the manual I am aware that in some conditions it will not work, for example you need to be in gear higher than 1 but even with these conditions met it still doesnt work but sometimes it does!

I have checked the sensor and seems clear from any debris.

Any suggestions what this could be? Does it sound like it needs a garage visit?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

vidman

Ready to race!
Next time it happens I would take picture as proof and book it into the dealer that is not normal

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I agree, sounds like there is an issue.

That said, I once had the same error message. Next time I used the car the ACC worked perfectly and it's been fine ever since. If the error appears every time you drive then you should have the dealer check it. The front assist system uses the same sensor.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Another vote from me for "faulty".

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
I agree, sounds like there is an issue.

That said, I once had the same error message. Next time I used the car the ACC worked perfectly and it's been fine ever since. If the error appears every time you drive then you should have the dealer check it. The front assist system uses the same sensor.

Same here. Next day it was working fine.

Rappy:cool:

isotonic_uk

Thanks folks. I have called my local VW dealer to get it looked at.

Not had a great first impression with my local dealer though (Wolverhampton).

First they say they can only see the car from 8.30am - 1.30pm (mon-fri) and dont do weekends as apparently they do system updates over the weekend??

Not great if you work full time like a lot of people! They can of course give me a courtesy car but as I just want an engineer to have a look at it my times are limited.

Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.....