GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discover MediaTraffic announcements

adamgroves

Ready to race!
I had the RNS510 in my MK6 golf and it would announce through the speakers if there was traffic congestion in the area i was even if i didn't have a navigation route inputted.

Is this something that can be activated in the Discover Media?

Also I’ve spotted on another forum that when on the map display it should show exclamation marks where there are traffic problems and it will then show a black box with the info in it. Is this correct?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I find it will show a list and then you have the option to see the incident on the map.
I understand that it will show icons on the map in none nav mode.
It will voice announce if there are incidents on a nav selected route if it may affect your journey.

s7wag

Ready to race!
I think only as above. From the list by selecting the 'Traffic' button or voice announce as you drive your selected SAT NAV route...but not if there's no route plugged in...I've not seen any VAG-COM suggestions on this either. You've got me thinking now as I noted a TMC tick box (unticked) earlier today on my system as I was playing with system settings to turn on the analogue clock display whilst 'she' was telling me there were traffic problems ahead on my route...