GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
LSD+good tires, all mounts > awd

200w (13).gif

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I get angry at myself every time I remember I had my trans dropped and the "now's a good time to buy and install a LSD" idea didn't occur to me until a month after it was all done.

I get mad at myself also. I thought about it, priced it was like ehh. Honestly doesn’t bother me all that much since I just street drive it but still would have been nice.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
R's wheel hop all the same. Let's get you your pills grandma

My wheels have never hopped when flooring it on a highway on ramp.

That means it never happens.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
U still getting a new tune? Which one you getting?

Eventually. My Uni tune is great. Need to buy an AP and instal my meth kit but I’m still happy with the car how it is when I drive it so I’m not in a hurry.

Car hobby has been on the back burner for a bit and once I get more time and money to do it again I’ll work on the Prelude.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Just partial throttle for the first maybe 5mph from a stop. Once it's fully in gear everything else seems fine. Internet says it's normal but also that mounts can help.

Onramp warriors with all-season tires strike again!
You can solve the issue with gripper tires. The spinning and wheel hop in 1st gear is crap tires.

Motor mounts just allow you to spin your crappy tires without wheel hop. You aren't accelerating any faster.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's wild to me that people add power before doing mounts. What good is it if you can't put it to the ground?
It's wild to me that people add power and mounts before buying decent tires. What good is it if you can't put it to the ground?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
It's wild to me that people add power and mounts before buying decent tires. What good is it if you can't put it to the ground?
1713880807290.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i've appreciated the 'driving experience' mods a ton but i think in every car i get, if there is an easy way to make more power, i will do that before driving experience mods

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
just imagine, a GTI with great tires, engine and trans mounts, all the other typical yadda yadda, and 220 bhp. nice driving snoozeville

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
You can solve the issue with gripper tires. The spinning and wheel hop in 1st gear is crap tires.

Motor mounts just allow you to spin your crappy tires without wheel hop. You aren't accelerating any faster.

Me specifically: I was talking about chatter getting into 1st, not traction issues. The interwebz suggest that new mounts can help reduce said chatter.

Everyone else is talking about traction. We're talking about traction! We're talking about traction... We ain't talking about the DSG! We're talking about traction, man! When you come to the meetup, and you see me launch... You see me launch, don't you?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Or, you buy an R, bfi mounts, dogbone insert, twincooler, stage 2 ecu and tcu, sway bars, the whole 9 yards.....

Then riceburner it for a tiguan.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Tiguans have no issue getting all 170 hp to the ground on stock mounts and shitty tires