Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
I bought my gpu last night. 😬
Went bigger than I first thought I would, but I think based on the performance numbers I'm seeing it's the right card for the monitor and TV I'm using. I think if I went with the 6800 xt or 6850 xt my tv/monitor would still have some room for more fps with more graphic intensive games. Plus it's a 3 year old card at this point and replacing my 5 year old card with a 3 year old card wasn't making any sense. Neither did waiting for the 7800 to come out around $600 later this year, so I got a 7900 XT for $730 after taxes.

First time I've gone with amd over nvidia, but nvidia prices are holding too strong. A 4070TI is about the same price and performance, but it's 12gb of vram vs the 20gb of vram that the 7900 xt has. I'm betting on the 20gb of vram holding up better over time as games are starting to use more vram.
Sounds like a wise move -- I will say that I did some mild undervolting on my 6950XT and found decent temperature improvements, contrary to the typical Nvidia strategy of up the power limits and give it as much core clock and memory as it'll take.

Did you get the new space game (I forget what it's called but it looked dope) with it? I'm excited for it to release, I love space/scifi stuff

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Visually and taste wise a margarita is more feminine, but just the word martini...I think you gotta tuck your dick between your legs when you say that word out loud.

James Bond has never heard such bullshit.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Visually and taste wise a margarita is more feminine, but just the word martini...I think you gotta tuck your dick between your legs when you say that word out loud.

Bruh strong disagree. I think it gets a bad rap because of the early aughts trend of "appletinis" and shit like that, but there are surprisingly few people who can handle gin to begin with. Throw some vermouth and some brine in there and it gets even "worse".

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I'd argue your association is based on things that aren't martinis. I know very few women that would drink a real martini, which is like 70% gin. Also James Bond (even if that's not technically a martini either).

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Now an Appletini would be feminine, but the standard martini I'd say is neutral at best.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
i hate it because its so fake

I'm not talking about that. I don't give a fuck about the actual interaction with people.

They're efficient as fuck. No matter how long the line is, you're going to be through that line in under 10 minutes. And your order will be 100%, to the T as you specified. Said "I want 7 things of Polynesian sauce", that's exactly what will be in your bag.

My local McDonald's can't get an order right to save their life. You can order just a cheese burger and medium Coke, and they'll still find a way to fuck it up. Oh, and you're going to wait 17 minutes for it, even if there are only 3 people in the drive thru line. I don't go to the local Popeye's as much as I would like to because getting the right order is painful. Same with takeout from BWW.

Chick-fil-A, you can pull away without looking in the bag, and still bet your life it's correct.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Now an Appletini would be feminine, but the standard martini I'd say is neutral at best.

The argument was specifically about espresso martini's and margaritas in general. I'd agree about the standard martini.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Sounds like a wise move -- I will say that I did some mild undervolting on my 6950XT and found decent temperature improvements, contrary to the typical Nvidia strategy of up the power limits and give it as much core clock and memory as it'll take.

Did you get the new space game (I forget what it's called but it looked dope) with it? I'm excited for it to release, I love space/scifi stuff
Yea, it came with Starfield. That was part of what made the decision easier, along with getting $250 back from the scammer dude. I'm not sure I'm excited yet. I'm pretty skeptical about it, just being bethesda and it's a new engine. It's the type of game that I usually look forward to though. It'll be fun watching the game release at least, and see how well it's received. Hopefully it does well.

I got a sapphire pulse and that seems to be a pretty good brand. I'm really not that familiar with sapphire, but no one really has anything bad to say about them.

It'll be a good improvement over my PNY 2070 with only 8gb of vram. lol

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I'd argue your association is based on things that aren't martinis. I know very few women that would drink a real martini, which is like 70% gin. Also James Bond (even if that's not technically a martini either).
Probably. I'm more of a beer drinker and if I'm drinking liquor it's usually rum or whiskey. I don't really like any other liquor and I don't order mixed drinks when I go out.