GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: GROUP BUY - $3 Suckjobs Crafted By Riceburner; Must Have 23 People To Make Happen

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
I missed that it was 5 services at first. It's actually not terrible, just normal dealer pricing at that point.

Those things aren't mutually exclusive. Normal dealer pricing can be terrible.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Like, OEM spark plugs are $8/ea from the dealer.

https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__Golf-R/Spark-Plug/54564583/06K905601B.html

Figure getting charged an hour of labor for $150, even though the job takes 20 minutes, I'd expect a "reasonable" charge for swapping plugs at a dealer to be ~$200. Which I think is still ridiculous, but that I get. It's a business, they got overhead, etc., etc...

Charging $300+ for $35 of parts and 20 minutes of labor is just exorbitant. Ain't no way that can be justified.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I missed that it was 5 services at first. It's actually not terrible, just normal dealer pricing at that point.
oh yeah the other ~2 services are inspection basically.

look

its ~700 dollars for:
a $30 oil change
$50 spark plugs
$7 cabin air filter
acting like the are inspecting the vehicle
profit

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
when my wife tries to tell me i'm going to fail at something then i succeed:
1693920373453.png

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Wrong. 5-day/40-hour workweeks are a scam. 4/32 is the future.
Yes and Yes. I mean 3-day weekends are a scam when the company just expects you to magically cram a full week's worth of work and meetings into less time. Luckily my employer is pretty reasonable and understanding.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i could probably do a 4/32 if i wanted, my shits pretty flex

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
oh yeah the other ~2 services are inspection basically.

look

its ~700 dollars for:
a $30 oil change
$50 spark plugs
$7 cabin air filter
acting like the are inspecting the vehicle
profit
Body shop that fixed a giant scratch on my rear wheel arch charged $250 for pre-repair diagnostics, $100 test drive and $250 post-repair diagnostics. Never going back to them for shit again.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
test drive lmao!!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
is there a way to do work to a car yourself and get it added to carfax? my mother in law is hellbent on taking the tiguan to the dealer for the carfax reason but its just so stupid expensive.

1693921201896.png

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
pre AND post repair diagnostics? For a scratch? OK if it has safety cameras but even then there is no should be double dipping

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Body shop that fixed a giant scratch on my rear wheel arch charged $250 for pre-repair diagnostics, $100 test drive and $250 post-repair diagnostics. Never going back to them for shit again.
WTF kind of test drive is needed for a scratch repair?

What place is this so I know to never go there.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
Brother what?
Going to any shop nowadays breaks wallets left and right.
Timing chain service I'll do myself, and if I bust a few knuckles, so be it.
For bodywork I know a group of two that work out of a garage and get their work from facebook. Super good pricing and fantastic work. They're in RI.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
is there a way to do work to a car yourself and get it added to carfax? my mother in law is hellbent on taking the tiguan to the dealer for the carfax reason but its just so stupid expensive.

View attachment 289965

Maybe? If you create a CarFax account and add your car to your "Garage", you can manually add items.

This is from my GTI. On the bottom left you can see the two DIY entries for oil changes I added.

1693921342381.png

Now, if that gets pushed to regular CarFax if someone pulls a report, I have no idea.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Maybe? If you create a CarFax account and add your car to your "Garage", you can manually add items.

This is from my GTI. On the bottom left you can see the two DIY entries for oil changes I added.

View attachment 289966

Now, if that gets pushed to regular CarFax if someone pulls a report, I have no idea.

It's also a good way to "get a CarFax report" without paying. There's no ownership verification when you add a car to your garage, and it pulls all the CarFax report data into it.