Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
horrendous and eye scalding, yikes.

red seats, sure. red carpet and door cards, maybe. red dash and trim, not in my house.
1683840176243.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
We might actually start to see used prices coming down soon, idk. I haven't been following used car prices as much the last couple months. I can say my industry isn't near as crazy as things were a year ago. We used to have no inventory in stock and it was like that for 3 years. Now we have a full lot and a bunch of boats in stock again. We're honestly not too far from how things were before covid.

Prices haven't adjusted yet, but I think it's going to happen soon. Used stuff isn't selling anymore with the prices being set so high and people aren't buying like they have been. I'm not sure if that's just our area because of the hurricane last year, or if all the boat dealers are seeing pretty similar things.

For our next model year we're not seeing as high of a mark up on the pricing, but it's still higher than I'd like to see. We saw like a 8% price increase for a couple years in a row. This year it'll be 5%. Normally it's about 2%. I still feel like it's greed driving it. Our manufacturers added on a couple extra things to charge us so they weren't eating the costs when fuel and containers to ship were so high. Now fuel is back to normal and I'm pretty sure containers are back to what they were pre-covid, but they're still charging us for this extra BS. Pricing on new models will never come back down, but we will get to a point where we'll have to do higher discounts in order to push more sales.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I like the red interior tho. Looks great on the S2000.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Speaking of used cars, I stopped on the way home from work to look at an a7. Should not have done that.

2012 a7 Quattro supercharged v6
141k miles
Sports package
$16k

Once up close , every panel was a slightly different shade of white. The bumper didn't fit right at all. The calipers was painted with tractor paint by a 4yo. It had an APR badge on the trunk. All 4 tires was a different brand. The hre wheels was virtually destroyed.

And they wouldn't budge on the 16k.

But the absolute best part. Salesman had been eyeing my R the whole time. He said, " I can work out a great deal for you on trade in also. Won't even have to exchange any money!"

I told him I'd trade........he give me $30k and the a7 and we have a deal.

He wasn't amused.......

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That is the least of your worries

View attachment 280602
It's a PDK. It's a manual transmission that shifts itself. Jeez, you guys suck.

I'll bet you don't even know VW's DSG is superior to the 6 spd manual.

But seriously, I'd like to hear ChatGPT's opinion.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yep,

That and does every single surface need to be red? The dash, the entire door card, the steering wheel, seats, carpet ,everything. It's like someone just hit RED on every interior panel that could be ordered in that colour without thinking about things like contrast.
It does if you're a serial killer. Hides stains, if you know what I mean...