GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Discusses Nicknames For Their Wiener And Muds Danger Noodle - Mrs Mud Runs And Hides

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
View attachment 299929

These are called changing stations and I can almost guarantee you can get one for free locally. They make them to go with dressers and once they kids outgrow them, the dresser stays and the station collects dust in storage. If @riceburner were local to me, I would give him mine, haha.

For sure. This was our first kid so I had all the time in the world before she was born to make stuff. Made it fit the exact stuff that we wanted to keep on the top of the dresser.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Yeah messes are inevitable just get used to them. Another reason the kid mobile is the old Pilot.

Boys will pee on stuff/you but once you perfect the diaper changing technique not an issue.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Yeah messes are inevitable just get used to them. Another reason the kid mobile is the old Pilot.

Boys will pee on stuff/you but once you perfect the diaper changing technique not an issue.
1708967324418.png

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Once you have kids, you just accept there will be fluids everywhere and you get good at cleaning them. Oddly enough, the changing station is not a high danger spill zone (not with girls anyway). Where you feed them is much more dangerous. Like if you think a white fabric rocking nursery chair is a good idea for feeding them and getting them to sleep, you're in for an unfortunate surprise.

My one idea was double making the bed. So layers from top to bottom:

Sheet
Mattress pad
Sheet
Mattress pad
Mattress

That way when the 2am blowout/leak happens, just pull off the top two layers and viola, new bed.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i love that idea

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

Sheet
Mattress pad
Sheet
Mattress pad
Mattress

That way when the 2am blowout/leak happens, just pull off the top two layers and viola, new bed.
Excellent idea. I always kept it cold enough in the house that they needed sleep sacks at night; blowouts rarely made it through those to the sheets. I definitely kept spare PJs and sleep sacks at the ready though

Jmitchell4873

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI

Sheet
Mattress pad
Sheet
Mattress pad
Mattress

Spoken like a true veteran! That's definitely something my wife did with our kids back in the day.

Our youngest of four is a boy and he always had a surprise for her as soon as fresh air hit his ding dong. I was around for most of his childhood since I was done with my trips overseas, so getting to hear her scream that she got "fire hosed" again was always entertaining.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Once you have kids, you just accept there will be fluids everywhere and you get good at cleaning them. Oddly enough, the changing station is not a high danger spill zone (not with girls anyway). Where you feed them is much more dangerous. Like if you think a white fabric rocking nursery chair is a good idea for feeding them and getting them to sleep, you're in for an unfortunate surprise.
yes and naturally my wife wanted a white rocking chair.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
yes and naturally my wife wanted a white rocking chair.
Same. It's perpetually covered in blankets to protect it, thus defeating the whole purpose of the color selection. I also sprayed scotch guard all over it, which has proven surprisingly effective

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
nice!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
we are currently 'due' for march 18th. less than a month away! i feel like a prisoner with a death sentence rn lol

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
we are currently 'due' for march 18th. less than a month away! i feel like a prisoner with a death sentence rn lol
It'll be great. About a week before the due date you'll start getting impatient, which is unfortunate because most first babies arrive late, often by almost a week. No idea why they don't just build that into the due date...