GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Bros Celebrate Our Creator And Lord, Danzig

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
What tire pressures do you run? VW says 38psi, which is what I usually fill to, but I'm curious if anyone runs at 36 or 35 (or even lower).
38 psi front, ~30 psi rear. I've thought about going lower out back given the 60:40 weight split between front and rear.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
What PSI for all seasons, the only tires that matter?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Are you running a different size tire? That's way underinflated in the rear.
Think of the tires like air springs, if the weight split on the car is 60:40 for neutral handling I want the spring rate to be 60:40 as a starting point to then be tweaked for the handling I want. I've thought about going higher up front or lower out back, but my car likes to rotate so I've just left it be. No issues with odd tire wear. I'm running 225s at each end.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Then you don't measure PSI. You measure KGSCM.
l/100km is the oddest form of fuel consumption instead of just making it km/l.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Think of the tires like air springs, if the weight split on the car is 60:40 for neutral handling I want the spring rate to be 60:40 as a starting point to then be tweaked for the handling I want. I've thought about going higher up front or lower out back, but my car likes to rotate so I've just left it be. No issues with odd tire wear. I'm running 225s at each end.
Yeah I get it, just saying that's a huge difference from stock that almost certainly changes handling. I would be super surprised if it created neutral handling in a car that already is biased towards understeer and has too low of a spring rate in the rear, but if it works for your setup, send it.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Yeah I get it, just saying that's a huge difference from stock that almost certainly changes handling. I would be super surprised if it created neutral handling in a car that already is biased towards understeer and has too low of a spring rate in the rear, but if it works for your setup, send it.
I've never had a problem with understeer with my car, it's always leaned heavily towards rotation. At 38/30 the rears are still relatively more stiff than the front. At 38 psi front for a true 60:40 ratio I'd have to have 25 psi out back.