GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
he's got a nice car in a great color and $ to spend on an exhaust.

#luckydog

Audi looks to have a touch more cream color (or the GTI has more blue) to these old squinty eyes

cb1111

#luckydog

Audi looks to have a touch more cream color (or the GTI has more blue) to these old squinty eyes
The difference is like what we went through when we were building our house - you agonize over different shades until you find just the right one. But once it is on the wall you have no clue about shade variations until you hold up the other paint card next to it.

the VW and Audi blues are identical unless they are next to each other.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR

Cornflower is L5DC, and Audi is LV5C.......so it's not the SAME color, although I didn't pull the formulas.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
$2700 or whatever for that?!?!
1687903230686.gif

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
1k for an intake. They crazy.
2k for an exhaust is crazy too but it’s proportional to the price of the car probably
The mk7/7.5 golf r switchpath is $2k. It's $2600 for the rs3 switchpath, but I got mine for $2375 shipped with no taxes. It's not too crazy of a difference. It probably costs them less to make one for the RS3. They have to put 4 exhaust tips on the golf r version, but no one includes tips for the 8y rs3 exhausts.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

#luckydog

I don't disagree with what they're saying about the exhaust. lol

Maybe the physical product isn't worth the price, but hopefully the exhaust note is.

I'll have a few things I can do to kinda dial it in the way i want. If it's too loud I can put my stock midpipes back in. If it's too quiet I can convert it to the track edition. Then my valve controller will also play nicely with this exhaust. I can open and close the valves more than an OEM setup and keep them in that position. I never want to have to close it though. If it's so loud I want it closed the majority of the time then I fucked up. I should only be closing it on the rare occasion. Let it roar.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Fun fact: Cornflower blue ACTUALLY is the same colour as Porsche Shark Blue.
this.

cornflower and turbo are very, very different to my eyes.