aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
VW's Taos was a horrible little thing when I got one for a loaner.
I drove a buddy's 1.5T FWD Taos, and it was such a tease. Turbo came on and I was expecting at least a moderate amount of the torque hit I've gotten familiar with from the GTI... Nope. Fell flat on it's face way too early, really a bummer. Not 'slow' per se, but definitely didn't wow me into one. Though a 4mo would be on the table for a commuter.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
I drove a buddy's 1.5T FWD Taos, and it was such a tease. Turbo came on and I was expecting at least a moderate amount of the torque hit I've gotten familiar with from the GTI... Nope. Fell flat on it's face way too early, really a bummer. Not 'slow' per se, but definitely didn't wow me into one. Though a 4mo would be on the table for a commuter.

The 4MO ones have the DSG at least, the FWD ones don't.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
There's some limited edition Elf Maple Syrup flavored graham Goldfish that are available right now in stores, and my house is obsessed with them.

1700503330132.png

They're the kind of thing where you can eat a whole bag in one sitting and go "Damn, I just ate 700 calories of Goldfish in one sitting..."

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
You can just tell it sucks hardcore whenever you see it.

Nothing like a hatch back with a 3 inch lift so not only does it have no power, now it handles like crap too.
We had specifically requested a "midsize" for golf clubs. Our two sets barely fit from the hatch to the front seats with the rear seats down.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
The Nissan Rogue is the worst automobile currently available.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
The Buick Encore that we got as a rental recently was the worst car I have ever been in.
no shit? i had one of those for a while as a work truck and thought it was pretty great. think it was a ~2014 era car at the time.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
The 4MO ones have the DSG at least, the FWD ones don't.
wait wait wait are you saying the TAOS gets a DSG in at least some trims but the TIGUAN gets DSG in NO TRIMS?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
wait wait wait are you saying the TAOS gets a DSG in at least some trims but the TIGUAN gets DSG in NO TRIMS?
Yes.

More infuriating. The taos only gets the EA211 in every single trim.

I'd have paid extra for a EA888. Even the shitty tiguan version of it.