GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Discusses Nicknames For Their Wiener And Muds Danger Noodle - Mrs Mud Runs And Hides

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Many people can’t afford to have their car down for long periods of time. German cars typically require someone who is familiar with them to work on them. If there is an Indy shop near by that can do the work in a reasonable amount of time for a reasonable cost then great.

It’s a VW tho, shouldn’t cost that much freaking money for a spark plug change. Audi, maybe. Porsche, sure but not a VW.

Depends on the Audi. A spark plug change on an A3 is the exact same as on a GTI...

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
it's asinine given how easy they are on these motors. a boxer motor where you have to lift the car off the motor mount, sure, I'm paying someone with a lift to do it.

I thought it was ridiculous when I worked at Pep Boys 10+ years ago that they wanted $100 for a spark plug change on a 4 cylinder. That cost is probably closer to $150 now.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Depends on the Audi. A spark plug change on an A3 is the exact same as on a GTI...

Right but it's an "Audi" so more premium. Their clients spend more for a VW.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Don’t forget this tidbit - techs have to supply all their own tools. The only thing the dealer provides them with is a lift, electricity and air along with the pipeline of work
This was the one thing that was different with MINI, they supplied all the tools.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
it's asinine given how easy they are on these motors. a boxer motor where you have to lift the car off the motor mount, sure, I'm paying someone with a lift to do it.
Do Porsche’s require that for spark plugs? The Subarus I’ve worked on don’t, you just need to feed in the extension before snapping it to the ratchet. They look far more difficult than they actually are.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Do Porsche’s require that for spark plugs? The Subarus I’ve worked on don’t, you just need to feed in the extension before snapping it to the ratchet. They look far more difficult than they actually are.
I'm somewhat exaggerating, my FA20DIT is just a royal pain compared to every other car I've worked on. Have to make sure you have the exact right length extension/swivel on there.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
Hey now,
You're an all star

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
No, you remove the rear wheels and wheelwell liners to change plugs in most modern Porsches.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R