GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
11pm... hoping I fixed it (handle for the slider was bent... leading to the slider not locking in right... I think)
Edit: It works now :))))
That's better time than when I installed Konis. Took 3 of us from 3p to 2a because the stupid paint on them.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
2x4 instructions unclear, lodged your dick in the tophat

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
2x4 instructions unclear, lodged your dick in the tophat
I had swapped springs 3 times already with the stock shocks. No issues. The konis are chunky and a pain to get into the knuckles and it took a lot longer to get the Eurosport camber kit into the hats. Just buy the assembled ones.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That's better time than when I installed Konis. Took 3 of us from 3p to 2a because the stupid paint on them.

Had the same issue with Konis. After after fighting the first, we learnt to sand the paint down on the second.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Had the same issue with Konis. After after fighting the first, we learnt to sand the paint down on the second.
Sand and grease. Still couldn't get the last 3/4 in. seated correctly.

Finally just dropped the car and backed it down the driveway. As soon as the car went off lip of drive, it seated and shaved a bunch of yellow paint off. Not the right way, but I was over it at 2am.

Last edited:

cb1111

Found my way into a new motor for the mini. Built 1380cc, just needs assembly.
View attachment 303524
View attachment 303523

1275cc A+ motor bored to 1380cc
Elgin 003 cam
Hif44 carb
Port/Polish head, brass guides, decked
Perfect trans
Spare trans
Lightened flywheel
New clutch

Just need time to get the motor built.
Looks like my "Auto shop" class at my HS in Heidelberg ("go lions" - did I do that right?)

We had a bunch of VW Beetle engines and were told to take them apart and put them back together.

I had a handful of bits left over, but it still fired up and ran, so I took that as a win. I think I got a B+ after I tossed the extra parts.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

CSB3: 2x4 Method Proves Inferior To Koni Struts​

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
*Some assembly required.
That’s why I got the deal.

Dude races a mini and others…his shop was a drool fest. He was looking to buy two new 1275s to build race motors on, and wanted the newer stronger A+ blocks. Found a guy in Canada selling motors and he drove up. Picked two clean ones, and popped the heads, saw “std” on the pistons and thought he had an unmolested block. Sent to bore block to class maximum, and machinist said bites are bigger than the desired. He walked to the engine room, picked up piston, and found them to be standard pistons from an Austin Healy, which are commonly used in 1380 builds. So he had the block checked and honed. Head was already with machinist. He posted a different block on a FB group and I asked if he has any 1275 motors, I had parts to trade. He said no 1275, but would sell me a full 1380 for $2500. I called him on it and it turns out it was a gross under-price but felt compelled to honor it. I gave him the out of “I’ll put it together to save you the time/effort.” He agreed and tossed in some extras to get the motor running (new carb, race oil pump, etc)

Retail in this motor is north $8600 assembled.

I’m happy, and my 9yo asked if he could help out it together.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
Well the seats were ready... the sliders work.
Vacuumed front today... tried to bolt in driver seat only to realize that the seat belt needed drilling and cutting to fit. Realized it also needs to be bent right way... so that's a no go for now.
I'm throwing in the seats unbolted in the car and buckling the wiring stuff (with resistors) so that I can battery on and push the car out of the garage while I'm gone (papi needs the space).
Future me will have a bitch of a time getting that shit bolted in lolol.

IT LOOKS SICK THOOO

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
House down the street is up for auction. Same era as mine also mostly fieldstone with several additions different style but as close to a comp as you can find. They also have huge garage (I have two). Their s is much less property, right on the main road, hoarder condition with ripped tarps on roof. Needs everything and the garage may be a teardown. I asked the auction guy he says he already has an offer of $216k.

I am rich enough to be hated.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
House down the street is up for auction. Same era as mine also mostly fieldstone with several additions different style but as close to a comp as you can find. They also have huge garage (I have two). Their s is much less property, right on the main road, hoarder condition with ripped tarps on roof. Needs everything and the garage may be a teardown. I asked the auction guy he says he already has an offer of $216k.

I am rich enough to be hated.

I’m all for grabbing land when I can. Just bought 120acres 3mi from Lake Superior.