GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cornering lights

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
So yesterday the nearside bulb failed, I got a replacement, however the bulb does not seem to seat properly and the aim is high, I cannot remember if there is a clip to hold the bulb?

pjr

Ready to race!
So yesterday the nearside bulb failed, I got a replacement, however the bulb does not seem to seat properly and the aim is high, I cannot remember if there is a clip to hold the bulb?

There isn't a clip to retain the bulb as such, it is really just a push fit.

I had the same issue when one of my whiter replacement bulbs failed and I was refitting the original bulbs - although I had the opposite issue and the bulb was sitting too high in the reflector, causing the beam pattern to be too low. Took a fair few attempts of wiggling and re-seating the bulb to get it in the right place.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
There isn't a clip to retain the bulb as such, it is really just a push fit.

I had the same issue when one of my whiter replacement bulbs failed and I was refitting the original bulbs - although I had the opposite issue and the bulb was sitting too high in the reflector, causing the beam pattern to be too low. Took a fair few attempts of wiggling and re-seating the bulb to get it in the right place.

Cheers for that, I will go back and try some wriggling, trouble is on the nearside the battery and other components are there and it's more difficult to access, the beam is higher than the bonnet line :eek:

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
While there is some expertise on lighting around, I am trying to find a list of light bulbs for my car. Standard lighting and Bi Xenons.

I stumbled across a neat table somewhere, which I now can't find.

Also found this diagram - would be good to find the rest of them for rear, bi-xenons etc:

GVII Halogen.jpg

pjr

Ready to race!
Cheers for that, I will go back and try some wriggling, trouble is on the nearside the battery and other components are there and it's more difficult to access, the beam is higher than the bonnet line :eek:

The one I had the issue with was on the drivers side - so loads of space :p

Worth checking that you don't catch the wires to the cornering bulb when you refit the circular cap - this can be enough to drag the bulb out of alignment.