GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coolant bubbling over

redfox97

Car(s)
2015 gti
My '15 Mk7 has started boiling over. I thought it was thermostat or waterpump and changed those. Still have the same problem. It blows heat until it gets up to temp then its cool and starts boiling over. Tenpvgauge shows 200, water boiling over shows to be 223 with a yherno

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Assuming you've replaced the reservoir cap and if its not the thermostat/waterpump module , it could be either a failed/failing temp sensor on the side of the head or the one coming off the rad. Could also be crud in the system from failed oil cooler seal (how does your coolant look?). Failing that, it would he time to suspect the head gasket/bore issues, and compression tests and eak down tests are in order.

redfox97

Car(s)
2015 gti
Thanks i have not checked the sensors. Voolant is clean, changed the oil cooler a year ago. Goong to check for exhaust gas in the coolant next, then flush the system, and then compression and keakdown test

redfox97

Car(s)
2015 gti
So still fighting this. The lower hose is cool while the upper is hot . Both coolant sensors have now been changed also. The heater blows hot , until it starts boiling iver(so heater core shouldnt be clogged). So i am thinking it has to have a something clogged or new thermostat is no good.
Any ideas on my next step before i just take it to a shop.

JonC

Car(s)
Mk7 golf GTD 64plate
So still fighting this. The lower hose is cool while the upper is hot . Both coolant sensors have now been changed also. The heater blows hot , until it starts boiling iver(so heater core shouldnt be clogged). So i am thinking it has to have a something clogged or new thermostat is no good.
Any ideas on my next step before i just take it to a shop.
Hey Iv got the same problem. My car sometimes makes gurgling sound from the vent and my heating doesn’t work either. Does your car have those problems as well or do you think they are unrelated?

redfox97

Car(s)
2015 gti
Hey Iv got the same problem. My car sometimes makes gurgling sound from the vent and my heating doesn’t work either. Does your car have those problems as well or do you think they are unrelated?
No gurgling in mine. and heat works fine until it reacges temp and boils over。then no heat