GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Contrast of the Autotech Intake parts compared to the OE Lid and Silicone Hose ** Installed with 034 TIP**

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Update. Used the Autotech and 034 TIP yesterday for a track day. It feels like throttle response is more immediate and boost builds more linearly. I used JB4 Map 1 (roughly +5 psi) and Map 0 (factory) and even on factory boost settings, the throttle response and linear power delivery was there. Happy with this combo.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Will the Autotech lid work with the 034 throttle pipe? I like the lid but don't like the plastic throttle pipe that comes with it. I would rather use my MST Performance throttle pipe, and just buy the lid but I am not sure if it will fit. Did you try it?

Bump old thread to answer this question as I’ve been wanting to use the 034 throttle pipe & Autotech lid combo as well.

I gave it another go this evening. I sanded down the outside of the Autotech lid’s opening to make it as smooth as possible (it had a plastic ridge/bead at the 6 and 12 o’clock circumference points of cylindrical opening from the molding process which was making it hard for the 034 throttle pipe to slip over). The 034 throttle pipe was not slip fitting over the circumference of the plastic lid’s opening- it was a hair too small and these ridges were only making things worse.

I then boiled a pot of water and dipped the end of the 034 throttle pipe into the hot water to get the pipe to expand at its end and be more pliable. Then, with some muscle (and a small metal baby spoon! 🥄 ) I was finally able to get throttle pipe to slip around the Autotech opening!

I feel this combo of Autotech Lid - 034 Throttle Pipe - 034 TIP has a much better fit overall, as the 034 pipe eliminates 3 Autotech parts that have the chance to move around and possibly come loose....

... I already had to loctite the band clamps at the TIP coupler once, as that coupler had come loose once already and was allowing siphoning of air at the TIP at wide open throttle. Air was siphoning between the Autotech hard plastic pipe and the Vibrant coupler connection near the mouth of the TIP (see pic below which describes this ). I never really trusted the connection fully afterwards.

Pic of Autotech 3 pc pipe Assembly;
C655BE6D-B137-42D6-B2EF-78240B275E55.jpeg

Now all is tight n snug with the 1pc throttle pipe! ;
38AC0F77-B052-41FF-AB85-3C731DDC32A9.jpeg

Last edited:

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
The Autotech set up is pretty decent for the bucks. As you mentioned, a lot of connections with the real possibility of coming loose. I know from experience. 🤦‍♂️
Good ingenuity fitting the other pipe.👍🏻

I wish they’d sell the plastic lid alone for ~ $50! The other crap is well plumbed in concept but poorly executed in application!