GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Combining rear deadset kit with rear subframe inserts....possible?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Is it possible to use both a rear deadset kit (Tyrolsport, ECS, other) with the rear subframe bushing inserts (034, CTS, other)? They seem to accomplish different things - deadset kit (bolts/collars) to line it up/keep the subframe from shifting and the inserts to keep remove movement in the rubber bushings (like a dogbone mount insert).

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Sort of, you can use the top-side collars with the lower inserts. But you end up wasting half the collar kit since you can't use both the lower-side solutions.

nvm, apparently it's the opposite

Last edited:

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo
Someone on VWVortex found that you can use the lower collars from the front Tyrol kit to fit inside the 034 bushing fillers in the rear, I don't know about other combinations but that one does work.
Source

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Goddamn I love forums. Thank you.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
So I'm looking at doing this, with the RacingLine rear dead set kit. So it looks like I can possibly use two upper collars per rear insert, and that in theory should also align everything. However, normally the collar would be on the outside of the insert, so I'm not sure if it would make a difference place it on the inside as shown in picture 1? The thicker collar is actually the lower collar and there would be no way to put it in the recess of the 034 inserts.

Attachments

• IMG_9372.JPG
    IMG_9372.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9373.JPG
    IMG_9373.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9374.JPG
    IMG_9374.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9375.JPG
    IMG_9375.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9376.JPG
    IMG_9376.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9377.JPG
    IMG_9377.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 102

MK7Rv3

Car(s)
8VS3
So I'm looking at doing this, with the RacingLine rear dead set kit. So it looks like I can possibly use two upper collars per rear insert, and that in theory should also align everything. However, normally the collar would be on the outside of the insert, so I'm not sure if it would make a difference place it on the inside as shown in picture 1? The thicker collar is actually the lower collar and there would be no way to put it in the recess of the 034 inserts.

Did you ever figure out if it worked out?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

tigeo

Autocross Champion

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
So basically giving the AWD the same solid rear subframe mountings as the 2WD??....

tigeo

Autocross Champion
So basically giving the AWD the same solid rear subframe mountings as the 2WD??....
I guess...I'm not familar with the fwd cars' rear subframe mounts etc. but yeah, the awd has a rubber bushing for NVH I'm sure with the awd unit/diff.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I guess...I'm not familar with the fwd cars' rear subframe mounts etc. but yeah, the awd has a rubber bushing for NVH I'm sure with the awd unit/diff.

The 2WD rear subframe is just a metal sleeve through the metalwork tubing..no rubber....much like the front subframe...

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The 2WD rear subframe is just a metal sleeve through the metalwork tubing..no rubber....much like the front subframe...
Well now so is mine HAHAHAHAHA. Still rubber, just a bit less give I suppose with the 034 inserts.