GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Check your clock after 1st service

tom1

Ready to race!
My car went in for its first service last week, only today I noticed that my clock is some 30 mins late....which almost made me late for an important meeting!

Not sure why the time in my car was changed/late but its not really a good show by VW. That's just one of many things I'm not too happy about after the service. Basically I feel that because it was free as part of my negotiations they have done the bare minimum and tried to fob me off saying they have done X Y and Z. They didn't even grease the door hinges which is a total joke.

GeoBog

Ready to race!
If you've got Sat Nav on your car you can set the clock to update itself using the satellite connection for the Nav so every time you switch on ignition or start the engine, the clock will update automatically. Otherwise if you haven't got Sat Nav I guess you will have to set it manually.

GeoBog

Ready to race!
Maybe they've done some software update on the infotainment system and haven't set the clock right.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Basically I feel that because it was free as part of my negotiations they have done the bare minimum.
That just about sums up the contents of the first service anyway....

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
My car went in for its first service last week, only today I noticed that my clock is some 30 mins late....which almost made me late for an important meeting!

Not sure why the time in my car was changed/late but its not really a good show by VW. That's just one of many things I'm not too happy about after the service. Basically I feel that because it was free as part of my negotiations they have done the bare minimum and tried to fob me off saying they have done X Y and Z. They didn't even grease the door hinges which is a total joke.

On a service they do not do all the tasks on every visit, the 1st service is often an oil/filter change and a visual check, I'm not sure even if they top the screenwash anymore :eek:
The 2nd service is more in depth and your hinges maybe greased then.
The 3rd service is like the 1st and some throw in an MOT test to then 'make' their money.
The clock and all presets etc were as before service for me, and I did have a couple of software updates.
All that said , I would solely depend on just the car clock for my timekeeping affairs.

tom1

Ready to race!
Should made it a bit more clear, the fact that they told me they have done certain tasks by giving me a work sheet is the part that pee'd me off the most.

As for the car clock, its my only way to keep track of time while traveling to and from clients and to gauge how much time I have between meetings etc to take a lunch break. That said in future I will always be double checking my phone clock.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Should made it a bit more clear, the fact that they told me they have done certain tasks by giving me a work sheet is the part that pee'd me off the most.

As for the car clock, its my only way to keep track of time while traveling to and from clients and to gauge how much time I have between meetings etc to take a lunch break. That said in future I will always be double checking my phone clock.

Yes they should do what is on their check sheet, I usually get a breakdown of what they have done, the next service will have more ticks in the book :cool:

tom1

Ready to race!
Just looked in my book, no stamp or nothing to say its been serviced....looks like I will have to pay a visit to them.

Tahiti1

Passed Driver's Ed
It very much comes down to the quality of your main dealer. I have experience at both ends of the scale. One where I'm pretty convinced they didn't even change the oil at a service! I called them to query it and they had it back in almost immediately, and the oil change was done...

The other end of the scale was from a dealer that I took my old car to on one of their special £99 service deals. I left it, they swapped out a dud lightbulb - for the cost of the bulb - serviced it, and left me with a full health check and a stamp in the book - with detailed invoice.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Tom, yes they should be stamping the book, oh and make sure they don't get oil all over it :eek:

Tahiti, yes one should not overly trust the dealer has done all they say, I checked it was clean oil after the service, although I waited on site (plus left my dash cam running) , that said I always ask them not to wash the car (that task is reserved for me only).

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Isnt the clock controlled by the DAB signal?