GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Caliper swap / bleeding / tools questions!

Swoope

Ready to race!
your welcome?

i bet your saved 200 bucks, buy me a tire! :)

beers

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
haha! hey thanks man for the advice! much appreciated.

I will likely be doing the install tomorrow, if/when i do it i will document the process and make a write up on it!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
well it was going so far so good today until I found out that the banjo bolts on the rear calipers are too small! The oem ones from my original lines are a thinner bolt it seems. :(

left the car on stands, ordered these.. hope they are the right size!
https://www.ecstuning.com/ES3173657/

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I hit hurdle # 2 last night, again associate with the rears.

Rear brake dust shields:
The front shields simply unbolt from the hub bracket and come right off. The rears however are fully surrounding the hub and are sandwiched between the hub and hub bearing. The rear hub itself if pressed on and cannot be unbolted. The option was to use sheet metal cutters, cut off as much as I could then basically bend and twist the rest off. Total pain in the rear lol but I got it done. Not going to be using the new dust shields obviously... No big deal though as those just retain heat anyway IMO.

edge04

Ready to race!
doing some searching as I am going to swap out all my brake fluid on my R and was wondering if a special tool was needed to activate the ABS and found this? Not sure what is meant by "because of the electric brake", can someone explain please.

I've ordered OBD11, can that be used to activate the ABS?

You don't need VagCom

Only on the Golf R, because of the electric parking brake