GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buddies eqt xl i tuned on dot radial

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Personally I think he should make a run at it with the DOT tires first then swap to full slicks. 30psi and ~13 degrees of timing isn't much. I think I used to run like 32psi and 17-18 on my stock block...his traps should be higher unless the DA was really bad. What was the DA?

The stock-block record was done with a smaller turbo and no-MPI so it should be doable.

Last edited:

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Personally I think he should make a run at it with the DOT tires first then swap to full slicks. 30psi and ~13 degrees of timing isn't much. I think I used to run like 32psi and 17-18 on my stock block...his traps should be higher unless the DA was really bad. What was the DA?

The stock-block record was done with a smaller turbo and no-MPI so it should be doable.
Not sure what the DA was, he was there running all day and this run was his 2nd to last run before they closed the last lane down cause rain was coming, ya I know the record was on e48 no mpi and tomi475 turbo, also found a issue his log where he hit a limiter in the tune and it only allowed like 7° in 3rd gear, it will be easier for him to get it on slicks, he isnt trying to break anything and I'm not trying to blow his motor up, that's why we have kept it pretty safe and conservative