GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought our 2nd MK7 today

Betty Swollocks

Ready to race!
I have and love my 2.0 GT TDi in Red. It's just gone a year old now and my wife has been pushing for a white twin to sit beside it.

In October/November I took a test drive in the dealer's GTD and loved it. I ordered one in white, no extras, to change her Tiguan, telling the dealer I was happy to wait for the 'up to 6 months' delivery time.

Road tax renewal just landed this week..... £95 for 6 months and two tyres not far away either. It's a 2012 TDi 170 Sport, without the Bluemotion.

So yesterday I landed up to see the dealer again and noticed his demo car had just gone up for sale. Tried to buy it on Solutions, but the interest rate was really expensive. He tried to sell us another GT, but i really want the GTD if affordable. Decided to wait for the brand new one.... But he still has no build date.

Today I phoned around the other dealers within 75 miles on the off chance that one had a basic, white GTD in stock.... No chance I thought.
But to my surprise one had a car on order, confirmed build week 5 and a chassis number allocated to it already, but not in transit as yet.

Deal done over the phone and I'm really really chuffed. Had to take the £985 Santiago 19" wheels, which I thought would put the price out of my reach. To my surprise, I have secured the car. Cost? £1 a month dearer than the GT I was offered.

They are offering me over £2500 more for my part exchange than the first dealer (or are maybe discounting the new car to compensate).

To sweeten the deal, when our tax expires he will send a driver to my door with a loan car and take the part-ex to save us taxing it if the new car hasn't arrived.

Cherished plate transfer and 3 years service plan included.
I guess I should have bought a lottery ticket today as well.

The new car is a whopping £66 a month cheaper than the 2013 Demo car I was trying to buy.

Last edited:

Betty Swollocks

Ready to race!
Wondering if I should delete this post and wait till the car is in my hands......

Worried the dealer might see it and change his mind......

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
have you signed for the deal?

Betty Swollocks

Ready to race!
have you signed for the deal?

No. Have done all over the phone. Gave bank details and finance was approved there and then. I'm using our part-ex as full deposit, so no money changed hands.

It has been suggested to me they probably have a customer for our Tiguan already, hence the good price.

The salesman was off yesterday so I phoned today.... I'm a lot happier.
He pushed me to see what the wife's shopping habits are and as a result is getting her some Next vouchers as a thank you for the business He posted a letter today confirming everything and giving tracking number.

I asked for the number over the phone as I couldnt wait for the letter and guess what........
The car is built and already shipped and in the UK. Just waiting on the haulier getting it over to Northern Ireland.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Wow that was fast - very exciting!!!

Betty Swollocks

Ready to race!
It's here!

Wow that was fast - very exciting!!!

You've no idea Mark.

This morning I logged onto the VW tracker again and checked the status. It was showing as delivered to dealer. 3 days after the deal was done.

Phoned them and sure enough, it had arrived. I had to leave the V5, insurance and tax down to them for a cherished transfer, which takes 5 working days.

So collecting the car Saturday 1st March. Can't wait. I just hope the Mrs enjoys driving my red GT..... I'm usually up first in our house and plan to borrow her keys a bit more often :cool:

[/URL][/IMG]

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
What a beauty! Be careful with those 19" alloys!

What spec is it out of interest?

Oops - you said earlier its standard spec with the 19"s - which is a pretty good spec!

Betty Swollocks

Ready to race!
Standard UK car, only options were the pure white paint and 19" Santiago alloys.
Dreading to think how much a new tyre will cost when the time comes !

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Phoned them and sure enough, it had arrived. I had to leave the V5, insurance and tax down to them for a cherished transfer, which takes 5 working days.

Is your cherished plate already on retention? If its still on your Tiguan I think 5 days is optimistic, all local DVLA offices have been closed and everything is now done in Swansea. Maybe things are different in Northern Ireland. I was warned to apply to have my plate put on retention in Jan to ensure everything was ready for mid march delivery. I think it took about 5 weeks for the V5 and retention certificate to come back

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Lovely looking car! I'm waiting for my reg transfer to go through before my car is delivered to my door. Been just over a week so far.

Betty Swollocks

Ready to race!
Is your cherished plate already on retention? If its still on your Tiguan I think 5 days is optimistic, all local DVLA offices have been closed and everything is now done in Swansea. Maybe things are different in Northern Ireland. I was warned to apply to have my plate put on retention in Jan to ensure everything was ready for mid march delivery. I think it took about 5 weeks for the V5 and retention certificate to come back

Things were similar here .... 5 weeks about average.

V5's in NI are all generated from Swansea, but cherished transfers are at an all time best!
As of today it looks like 2 days.....http://www.dvlni.gov.uk/dvlni.aspx

I still want the car registered in March. Slim chance, but we might be moving to Scotland before the end of the finance deal.
Am I right in thinking 1st March is the new 14 Reg date?
If I re-reg the car when selling, it will lose he NI reg and get a date related UK number.

I guess a 14 reg will kep the valu up.