GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boosting on a Budget- 19birel's MK7.5 Build

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
I'm jealous of that taillight lamp and I'm about to go do some sketchy stuff to make a mk4 wagon taillight work. Great video!
Thanks man! And do itttt! It was surprisingly easy to make (wiring is not my forte either) and makes for a fun saturday afternoon project!

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
I'll start with the slight bummer that I've decided to postpone the start of my track season, too much going on at the moment unfortunately, but hey more time to dial the car in!

Anyways, I wasn't planning on picking up a downpipe for a while, but Cobb threw some left over stock of their discontinued Gesi downpipes on their site for 50% off. $600 for a Gesi downpipe is crazy cheap- so I pounced on it. I figured even if I had to mess with spacers (it's a little unknown as to which Gesi core is used) I'd know I had something better than I otherwise would've ended up with. It arrived this morning

They even included the ABS module heat-shield which was nice! Quality looked amazing and fitment is fantastic, it took maybe 2hrs start to finish and most of that was spent removing the stock dp.

Sound is fantastic, no drone but sounds more aggressive when you want it to. Turbo feels more responsive which is a nice plus, and to top it off 84 miles off driving quite spiritedly today, and no CEL! Guess that's the benefit of a fed compliant cat haha. Overall really happy with the purchase! Keen to do some dragy testing soon, hoping to find some time tomorrow
I’m scheduled to pop mine in next weekend. Expect to hear from me to pick your brain a bit on your experience with OS tuning as I’ll be slipping into that rabbit hole. Reviewing all the docs now.

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
I’m scheduled to pop mine in next weekend. Expect to hear from me to pick your brain a bit on your experience with OS tuning as I’ll be slipping into that rabbit hole. Reviewing all the docs now.
Nice! Happy to offer any insight and advice I can with OS, theres definitely a learning curve but it's worth it!
Glad to see you hopped on the deal!
COBB told me the GESI cat they use is the Vibrant GESI 50230. Same one Baun uses.
It was too good to pass up, I was bummed when I missed out the first time so when I saw I had a second chance I had to cop one haha. Good to know it's a quality core, I still do not have a CEL with mine and I'm not running any spacers