GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost tap + Gauge + BOV Question

stevemk7

Hello everyone! Long time reader, first time poster. Just got a 2016 GTI S in December and am now slowly purchasing things for the car.

I am not the most mechanically-inclined person when it comes to cars so I had a question I hope you guys could help me with. I recently purchased a digital boost gauge and APR vent replacement for the gauge, and have bought a boost tap as well (ECS Tuning). I watched a couple YouTube videos on gauge installation and the MK7 boost tap and wanted to clarify something before I get started on the gauge installation (or have it installed).

I did purchase the CTS BOV that I wanted to get installed in the car as well- my question is, the ECS Tuning boost tap I purchased seems like it punctures into the Manifold (through the unused port), and has a couple stems coming off for Vacuum connection. Would one of the stems connect to the gauge for the boost, and when the time comes for the BOV installation, one of the stems be used for the Vacuum line (I believe, through watching the videos)? I just want to make sure that if I puncture through the manifold port that I can still get the BOV installed, as in the ECS Tuning Boost Tap video they kept reminding the viewers that this was a 'permanent install' as it punctured the manifold.

I apologize if some of my wording and terms are incorrect (and how basic I am on cars in general lol); I tried to watch the videos as close as possible... Even if anyone has any advice or do's/dont's on these processes, they are welcomed as well.

thank you!

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
CTS has you tap into the vacuum pump off the block for the install (see the install PDF), running the line from the manifold might be a bit long for the BOV.

I would install the BOV to CTS spec and install the APR gauge to APR spec.