GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost Restrictions?

BlueMagicMk7GolfR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Volkswagon GTI
Hey guys, so I have a Mk7 R DSG, with a stage 1 IE Tune and DSG Tune. What I am now experiencing is for the first night after tuning the DSG she ran phenomenally. The following AM while driving to work I boosted up to the point where my stock turbo outlet pipe blew off the turbo. So I re-clamped it and now I seem to get a flutter at 3500-4500 rpms. I initially thought it was the GFB BOV I had on, no codes have appeared and so I bought an updated GFB BOV and still getting the same fluttering sound like air chirping when boosting up. I then replaced it with the newer version of the stock diverter valve and still the damn fluttering remains. I have now just purchased an upgraded turbo charge pipe kit....if this don't fix it then next thing to do is a pressure and smoke test. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

BlueMagicMk7GolfR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Volkswagon GTI
Ok, I appreciate everyone that's suggesting EQT. I've read up on them and they're not a fit for the power I am going to be putting out. I am looking for help with the issue I am having and reaching out to fellow member's that have had and or still have similar issues. I know most of everyone that just throws a comment are young and just want to throw out whatever they use but it's not a resolvent to what I am looking for with my current software and want to fix that issue not aimlessly spend more money on another tech company to run into the same boost lagging issue. I know these car have electronic boost control I am merely looking for MK7 R owner that have the IE Stg 1 tune with high torque files and the DSG tune with high torque files. Thank you for reading and hope that I get some responses that can potentially help me, thank you.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Ok, I appreciate everyone that's suggesting EQT. I've read up on them and they're not a fit for the power I am going to be putting out. I am looking for help with the issue I am having and reaching out to fellow member's that have had and or still have similar issues. I know most of everyone that just throws a comment are young and just want to throw out whatever they use but it's not a resolvent to what I am looking for with my current software and want to fix that issue not aimlessly spend more money on another tech company to run into the same boost lagging issue. I know these car have electronic boost control I am merely looking for MK7 R owner that have the IE Stg 1 tune with high torque files and the DSG tune with high torque files. Thank you for reading and hope that I get some responses that can potentially help me, thank you.
I don't know what advice you're looking for. IE's tune is set up for maximum boost as early as possible, which will cause compressor surge on an IS38. This is what you're hearing. Screwing with charge pipes and boost leak testers isn't going to change anything.
You should look at a different tune. Maybe Unitronic stage 1 if you want something off the shelf with less power. Otherwise get a pro tune and have them revise it until the surge is gone.

BlueMagicMk7GolfR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Volkswagon GTI
I don't know what advice you're looking for. IE's tune is set up for maximum boost as early as possible, which will cause compressor surge on an IS38. This is what you're hearing. Screwing with charge pipes and boost leak testers isn't going to change anything.
You should look at a different tune. Maybe Unironic stage 1 if you want something off the shelf with less power. Otherwise get a pro tune and have them revise it until the surge is gone.
This is exactly the type of response I was looking for my friend. I will either contact IE and see if they offer a revised version of the tune or I will look for a custom tune.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
In your first post, you said you were getting a fluttering sound between 3500-4500 rpm, and in the second you said you have a boost lagging issue. Are you having both issues?

I believe you should be able to log the car using IE's powelink cable. A data log goes a long well in helping to diagnose a problem.

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
This happens with there stage one tune. I had that before jumping to there flex stage 2. I had the same exact issue you are having and found flooring it in the wrong gear would cause this 100% of the time.