GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blue Steel - 2019 Golf R DSG

laxman2001

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got the convenience windows to work, which I'm pretty happy about. Will read the big vwvortex vcds thread and see what else I want to do on that front (maybe gauge design). What I really want is to have my current gear displayed in the center. Maybe I'll spring for PolarFIS at some point in the future. Still need to fix the tow hook cover, its secure enough I'm not worried about losing it but is annoying. Might just glue it shut

Some pics with the tint:
20200814_110316.jpg
20200814_110332_LI.jpg

Last edited:

laxman2001

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Bunch of updates compressed into one:

Did some other OBDEleven mods a couple months ago - throttle position mod, gauge style, turned off the safety lights in the headlights, and some other minor stuff. Have a weird gateway fault that I'm not sure how to fix even after a bunch of googling, but thats for another day. Car has been fine since so not super pressing IMO.

Today I installed a hardwire kit for the dashcam I bought ages ago but had never used cause of the hanging wire - I suck at electrical stuff but was super easy. Glad to finally have that setup.

A couple shitty pics from when I last washed it (and the bike) a few weeks ago:

20200927_185502.jpg

20200927_185603.jpg

laxman2001

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hardwired in a dashcam, and installed aspherical mirrors. Latter are a big improvement IMO.

Tried to buy a winter setup, but alas did not quite clear the calipers. Might have a bead on another set that will (off a S3). Luckily, its still warm.
20201111_083446 (1).jpg

laxman2001

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ended up springing for a new winter setup rather than going used. More $ but I liked the wheels and could guarantee I'd have something before driving for Xmas. Andros R9s with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4s in 225/40/18.

Will need to decide whether to sell the Prets or not, as right now they're just hanging in the apt. Would like to eventually get something like a RSE12 but not sure I want to do it next spring. OTOH maybe that's the time to sell when the prets are still flawless and the tires only have ~5k miles
20201219_123656.jpg

laxman2001

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Been a while but finally have a real update. Bit the bullet and went for APR+

Very happy so far. Really should have come like this from the factory