GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Black Forest Industries - V2 Engine mount kits

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie

The Best Just Got Better.

We've taken over 15 years of experience and improved upon what was already the most popular engine mount solution in the industry. Using not only our own observation, but the feedback of our customers, we've developed what we're confident is now the ultimate upgrade for your drivetrain, We've made these lighter, more compact, all while reducing vibration. Our new V2 Engine mounts for your MK4 / MK5 / MK6 vehicle will make a night and day difference in how your car drives and feels without having to sacrifice daily driveability. Not only that, these are built to last, and with their modular construction can be refreshed at any point, or customized to your preference with just a simple bushing change.

Improved Performance

With this new design, overall driving is noticeably improved. The V2 mount offers an even more refined experience and helps to dial out the maximum amount of NVH possible. These are truly as close to being the best of both worlds as we can possibly engineer. We've extensively tested these upgrades on the MK7 platform, and now with this new release have adapted our approach to include the legacy product lines. Never settling, and constantly innovating to improve our offerings wherever possible. This is now in our opinion the very best option for your VW / Audi vehicle.

Stage 1 Engine Mount compared to the weak OEM unit.

Installed Stage 1 Mount in a MK5 GTI.

Lighter Weight

This time around we've put our engine mount on a crash diet to shed as many pounds as possible. We aimed at maximum efficiency while still achieving as much strength to ensure maximum durability throughout.

By transitioning the dimensions of the bushings we were able to orient the mount in a linear fashion, allowing us to scale down the size noticeably. We've used gusseting and pocketing to remove material, further optimizing the design.
The bushings themselves are now smaller, yet by utilizing a proprietary change, they are better suited for isolating unwanted vibrations.

OEM Fit.

Improving over the previous design, which was geared at simplicity and value, we've gone all out to reproduce all factory bosses and mounting locations that were omitted before. This ensures that all accessories can be reattached just like OEM, for as seamless an install as possible.

With the addition of new upgraded hardware, there is no reusing the tired, weak hardware, and you can have peace of mind that your new fasteners will hold your performance mount securely in place, pull after pull.

Compact Design.

By utilizing almost exclusively all machined billet aluminum, while rethinking our approach, we've been able to minimize the volume of the mount overall. This allows the mount to fit more easily and help disperse the forces from the engine in a more optimal manner.
We've also been able to add a few more machining details in the way of bevels and custom engraving. While these added touches don't necessarily change the feel of the mount when you're behind the wheel, they certainly are noticeable once you take a peek under the hood. We've made an even greater attempt to form a more consistent design language across all of our mounts, regardless of platform, which to us greatly improves the overall fit and finish of the product.

Reduced Vibration.

Taking a new approach when heading back to the drawing board allowed us to view the bushings with fresh eyes. What we came up with was a unique proprietary design that greatly helps to isolate and cancel out unwanted NVH. We will not go into too much detail so as not to give our secrets away, but rest assured there is nothing else like it available. These have proven themselves in the real world and have exceeded our expectations. Best of all these are modular and the bushings can be changed out at any point, making these mounts essentially lifetime parts.

STAGE 1 with its 70a durometer bushings are geared towards the spirited enthusiast who wants better control over motor movement without the sacrifice of excessive vibrations. These are the best choice for daily-driven vehicles and are recommended for majority of our customers.

STAGE 2 with its 85a durometer bushings are for the enthusiast who is looking for maximum performance from their motor mounts - great for heavily modified street cars and track cars. Expect a noticeable increase in noise, vibration and harshness when adding Stage 2 mounts to your vehicle..

Complete Solution.

Not only are these mounts offered individually, but we offer them in complete kits as well that include the engine side mount, the transmission mount, and the torque arm insert. With each mount we include brand new hardware to replace every single bolt. All hardware is upgraded to 10.9 strength as well as being yellow zinc plated for corrosion resistance.

Fits All MK5 / MK6 based vehicles - 4, 5 and 6 Cylinder Engines
Fits All MK4 based vehicles - 4 and 6 Cylinder Engines

V2 ENGINE MOUNTS

BFI MK5 / MK6 Engine Mount Kit - 4 Cylinder - 6 Speed / DSG - Stage 1

COMPLETE KIT

BFI MK5 / MK6 Engine Mount Kit - 4 Cylinder - 6 Speed / DSG - Stage 2
COMPLETE KIT

BFI MK5/MK6 Stage 1 Mount Kit - Fully Assembled (5-cylinder)

COMPLETE KIT

BFI MK5/MK6 Stage 2 Mount Kit - Fully Assembled (5-cylinder)

COMPLETE KIT

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I just bought my set last week. Hoping to get them put on by Thanksgiving and really looking forward to feeling a much snugger driveline. The weight savings and ability to replace just the bushings was a huge selling point.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
FYI

I got the Stage 2 kit installed a couple weeks ago and have done a a few drives and about 350 so miles on them. I did not use the pendulum mount bushing as previous owner had installed an HPA puck and I plan to get the APR pendulum mount sometime in the future so didn't feel like messing with it right now.

I was expecting some NVH from the Stage 2 kit but was more interested in performance as this will be my track car. There was some slight vibrations in the seat after initial install but has pretty much gone completely away. In fact there's nothing really harsh or vibration I can tell at all. There is a large increase in noise though, the chatter from the flywheel is obvious and almost sounds like the car had a louder exhaust put on under acceleration LOL

Hard to give proper feedback on improvements as when I pulled my old mounts I found that they were completely destroyed. I have a video posted in my build thread of the state of the transmission mount which I could move easily by hand in a complete 360 degree rotation with no resistance. So obviously everything feels so tight and solid now, it was a major improvement for me simply because the factory mounts were so sloppy. However I am sure anyone would notice a change even from just normal worn factory mounts. Shifting is smoother, throttle input is a bit more direct feeling, just an awesome upgrade.