GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best place for first oil change in OC?

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I live in an apartment too. I've done oil changes, wheel swaps, engine/trans/dogbone mounts, JB4 installs and removals, and more in my parking spot. You've got this.

Buy a vacuum pump and you don't even have to jack the car up.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hey,

My 2018 GTI is up for its first oil change. Long over due. I am just hitting 4500 miles and had it close to a year. I work pretty close so I don’t put many miles on it. Oil notice light came on weeks ago.

So what is the best course of action. Take to the dealership or local jiffy lube?

Any places in orange county anyone suggest to take it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oil light came on weeks ago? Great way to maintain your investment.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
The factory oil change interval is 10,000 miles. He's only half that, not even. The service reminder gives plenty of warning, 365 days

Plus since he only drives are 5,000 miles a year a few weeks is not many miles

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

ztorc

Go Kart Newbie
You can wait close to 10K miles for the oil change if your car is not tuned. I've heard Metric, ED, and AU are great places in OC for servicing your VW. I can invest in oil extractor and do it yourself without jacking up the car.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R

Lol, the oil light is triggered by time or mileage. In this case of a first oil change, time from when the car arrived at the dealer. This is a non-issue and is not doing anything to hurt general maintenance. Also, since you're being a smartass, a car is not an investment.