GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Beginners guide to MK7 GTD Tuning

PoorLifeChoices

Car(s)
Golf Gtd MK7
Hello guys im a begginer tuner from croatia. I own a 2015 mk7 GTD and id like to mod it.
I wanna own something special, powerful but also reliable since its my daily (i know a lot to ask and a lot of money needed)

I plan on dyno tuning it so i wonder what are some mods that i should do beforehand.

The mods need to be reliable and nothing to crazy that will skyrocket fuel economy.

Tuning in Croatia is a bit finicky the government doesn’t like it but as long as you dont do outrages stuff you can fly under the radar.

My gola is around 250hp but anything above is welcome.

Please be nice i am a beginner so if i say something stupid my bad.

Current mods: RamAir ProRam filter

PoorLifeChoices

Car(s)
Golf Gtd MK7
To narrow it down further my next plan is intercooler… i want something thats in the mid range… focus is on performance but id like it to be a little bit stylish 2 but performance takes the priority

misor1994

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GTD Variant
Not sure how would you replace the intercooler for another one, since it is on the front side of the engine. It is not in front of the radiator as it used to be on older models.

Jachas

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
A3 8V
Not any plug&play solution for this engine, because is an intake manifold with integrated water to air intercooler, not SMIC or FMIC like VP/PD and older CR engines. CUAA Bi-Tdi had bigger water to air intercooler, but flange is completely different so would require a lot of fabrication + bigger electric watep pump from CUAA and ECU remap (to handle new water pump).

If you want more than stage 1 power-wise (250hp-ish mentioned by you), CUAA swap from Passat/Tiguan is the way to go, with 240hp in stock and around 500nm, and with stage 1 CUAA gives around 310hp and 560nm. Keep all the eco stuff from CUAA and you will be 100% pollution compliant

PoorLifeChoices

Car(s)
Golf Gtd MK7
Not any plug&play solution for this engine, because is an intake manifold with integrated water to air intercooler, not SMIC or FMIC like VP/PD and older CR engines. CUAA Bi-Tdi had bigger water to air intercooler, but flange is completely different so would require a lot of fabrication + bigger electric watep pump from CUAA and ECU remap (to handle new water pump).

If you want more than stage 1 power-wise (250hp-ish mentioned by you), CUAA swap from Passat/Tiguan is the way to go, with 240hp in stock and around 500nm, and with stage 1 CUAA gives around 310hp and 560nm. Keep all the eco stuff from CUAA and you will be 100% pollution compliant
Thanks a lot this seems really helpful let me do some research do figure out what all of these letters mean hahahaha