GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Lawyers out there

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
Hey I am just tring to see if there are any Lawyers (not shit house Lawyers either) or anyone who has had any dealings with the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. I have currently been sent on an assignment to Korea and keeping my car is an option, however it is just gonna sit and rot for the year that I am hear. I am just trying to find out if I can have it reposessed with no negitave impacts on my credit. If any one has any knowledge on this act I would appreciate any input
Eric

Zolty

Autocross Champion
I am an attorney, but not a very experienced one. I graduated from law school in May of 2005. No experience with the Servicemember's Civil Relief Act, having your car repo'd would negatively affect your credit. I assume you don't want to make payments while you are gone? You could always take the car off the road so you don't have to pay any insurance and then just make the loan or lease payments.

If you don't have the money to do so you could take out a small loan that would cover you for the time you are on assignment. Not sure how all this relates to the Servicemember's Act. If you want to research the Act try using LexisNexis.com or Westlaw.com.

Hope this helps

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
When I was deployed, I used the SSRA to get the interest lowered on my house, and both cars to 6%, and break my lease without negative impact. (I maintain two households...long story) I was paying on my 2001 GTI, and I ended up putting the car in a 10 X 30, popping off the negative battery cable, putting STA_BIL in the gastank, and storing it. If you are leasing the car, you may have some options, but buying the car means you are contractually bound to make payments for the duration of the loan. Your JAG rep should be able to give you the most current advice baised on your situation. Hope this helps...

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
Yea just found out, actually VW credit was very helpfull. If I had leased the car I could have it returned with no negative impact what so ever, As it the case that I purchased the car All I can do is get the interest lowered to the 6% well they all ready gave me a 4.9% when I bought the car. Money isnt the issue, I can manage to pay it I just dont like paying on something I can not use. Oh well maybe ill try to get it shipped to Korea. I am authorized to drive while I am here It is just a really crouded city where I am. Seoul, Korea, it is actually the 10 largest economy in the world. Well thanks for all the help.