GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

against the flow

lucyfek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI & GSW
"Got me GTI" but did not like the idea of breaking the bank on replacement tires, rims (or both if the pothole was big enough).
Had these left from the Golf I'd traded in for GTI.

These seemed "plug&play" but in the end some assembly was required - the balance weight would rub slightly against calipers. This is when I learned that weights are no longer lead and can't be easily persuaded to flatten up. I've ended up replacing the adhesive tape/foam with super thin double sided tape (left from sealing window drafts last year). Worked perfectly.
Beauty is in the eye of beholder but I like the setup.
(need to take some picks in more neutral light)
Stock rims may look good but block the view of red calipers and there's just too much clearance between brake rotor and the rim (non-PP model). In addition the "pedestrian" wheels saved 6# on each corner (plus I may be selling original set to get few $ back). Did I mention that it "slammed" my GTI by few mm?

I went for 17" winters. Ride is noticeably softer. I cannot run 16" due to front brakes,
but I would consider running 17" summers if Michelin would sell 17" PSS in Europe (as
they do in the US).

yo_marc

Ready to race!
I like it -- I like going against the grain if it means better performance in some way/shape/form.

Sad, but I am excited to run my 16" steel wheels (winter setup) soon, strictly for the lower unsprung weight an smaller moment of inertia(?). Makes a very noticeable difference in braking and acceleration.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Looks good!

I think Sport Edition is the Tire Rack brand right?

I don't think anyone has really had a problem with that brand. It all meets TUV and JWL unlike brands like Drag and XXR (last time I checked).