GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia's Build Thread With A Boring Title Currently

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Arcade, you need to become a factory QC guy and go visit these fucks.

Someone already does verify QC. I had a couple posts about that, in detail. But we can't trust that, for reasons...

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Nothing short of flying to China and monitoring the entire supply chain from start to finish would be satisfactory
thankfully trustworthy brands have people for this.
nobody knows.
this is just nihilism at this point. we know certain brands are OE manufacturers. VW doesn't make strut mounts and porsche doesn't make brake calipers. covering our eyes and ears and saying "we have no idea who makes these parts!" doesn't mean it's true.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
acadia post you specs and qc? maybe message the seller

I changed my mind and decided to message the guy at the factory I was working with for specs and qc details. He sent me back this:

EuTua5sVgAIKSUF.jpg

What does he mean?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
that picture EXACTLY describes the transit system project i've been working on for years.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
No point. The response here would be "And I guess it's true just because they said it?? No scummy companies have ever lied before??"

Nothing short of flying to China and monitoring the entire supply chain from start to finish would be satisfactory. And even then, that probably wouldn't be either...
Thanks for making my point. The reason you spend the extra $300 to get the OEM parts from a Porsche dealer is because it's not possible to fly all over the world to verify the word of some stranger that's making knockoff parts.

For $300 extra, I have layers of oversight by two very reputable companies, Brembo and Porsche, that says they were built to their spec and are safe.

You got a factory that certified themselves.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I mean, according to what you're saying, you're the one who has calipers made by someone that provides their own oversight. Patted themselves on the back saying they did a good job I guess.

I have calipers from a factory that's certified by an international task force made up of the largest automakers in the world, including Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes, Gm, etc... It's literally the exact opposite of certifying themselves.

I'm not saying mine are better than yours, not by a long shot. Just that your example is exactly backwards of the point you tried to make.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
FWIW (nothing, apparently), Brembo is IATF certified as well.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R