GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia's Build Thread With A Boring Title Currently

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Didn't you buy a knock off digital dash that never worked right too?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Didn't you buy a knock off digital dash that never worked right too?

Kinda. Because I wanted one with the big single center tach. Technically it worked fine, but caused errors in unrelated systems (front assist, for some reason). Best thing the seller could say was because it wasn't made for NAR cars 🤷

Didn't end up keeping it.

Had one before that in my GTI that worked 💯💯🔥🔥

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Kinda. Because I wanted one with the big single center tach. Technically it worked fine, but caused errors in unrelated systems (front assist, for some reason). Best thing the seller could say was because it wasn't made for NAR cars 🤷

Didn't end up keeping it.

Had one before that in my GTI that worked 💯💯🔥🔥
So half the time, they work 100% of the time?

I'm sold.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
You should ask if they make a Golf R. I mean, $20k would be sweet.
we have a member here who has bought a full engine from aliexpress.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
That literally means nothing.

The problem with this argument is, you have absolutely nothing backing that up. Show me something, anything, stating that the IATF is just some pointless organization that doesn't do anything other than "Trust me bro, spinach!" Please. If you can do that, I'll rethink my position.

If it means nothing, why does Brembo, a legitimate major manufacturer bother getting it?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
So half the time, they work 100% of the time?

I'm sold.

Other than trying to show "China = bad", I don't see how these things are related at all? Are you in the market for an aftermarket digital dash? I can recommend some for you if you'd like.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The problem with this argument is, you have absolutely nothing backing that up. Show me something, anything, stating that the IATF is just some pointless organization that doesn't do anything other than "Trust me bro, spinach!" Please. If you can do that, I'll rethink my position.

The IATF 16949 standard is structured around eight key Quality Management Principles:

1. Customer focus
  2. Leadership
  3. Involvement of people
  4. Process approach
  5. System approach to management
  6. Continual improvement
  7. Fact-based decision making
  8. Mutually beneficial supplier relationships
It's not an engineering standard, spec, nor does it require that your caliper be produced with the proper aluminum. It's the movie Office Space in a factory. 🤣

Can you point to any specific requirement in this certification that would prevent them from selling you a poor knockoff caliper? Serious question.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
I'm done arguing about brakes. I get it. You don't approve. So don't buy them.

I've tried bringing actual research and information backing up my point, when all you've brought is moving goal posts (How do you know they came from that factory?? Oh, you bought them directly? Well...), strawman arguments (here's a random pic of a broken caliper, SPINACH!), and now whataboutisms (what about your digital dash?). I feel like I'm arguing with Zrick.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm done arguing about brakes. I get it. You don't approve. So don't buy them.

I've tried bringing actual research and information backing up my point, when all you've brought is moving goal posts (How do you know they came from that factory?? Oh, you bought them directly? Well...), strawman arguments (here's a random pic of a broken caliper, SPINACH!), and now whataboutisms (what about your digital dash?). I feel like I'm arguing with Zrick.
No, you pointed to some certification, that has zero to do with whether or not the calipers are any good, as being a good reason to buy shady knockoffs.

Show me anything that shows IATF has anything to do with engineering specs.

You're zrick in this scenario. You just want your nonsense to be true so badly, you'll ignore all reality.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
the winner here is the guy who gets working Porsche brakes for half price.

@Acadia18 just put them to the test when you got em on and let us know.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Technically two! There was a second guy in the thread that had already ordered and received one
So the engine was manufactured in a factory in China?