GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia's Build Thread With A Boring Title Currently

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I concur actually, has anyone ever had something manufactured in america? i wouldn't trust brakes manufactured in america

I wouldn't trust brakes from some rando factory, no matter where they're located.

Now, a factory that's certified by the International Automotive Task Force? Which VAG has specific requirements that need to be met to get that certification?

Sure, I'll trust them.

But yeah. I guess China = bad.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I wouldn't trust brakes from some rando factory, no matter where they're located.

Now, a factory that's certified by the International Automotive Task Force? Which VAG has specific requirements that need to be met to get that certification?

Sure, I'll trust them.

But yeah. I guess China = bad.
It's interesting that you assume this organizations standards are similar to the manufacturers standards. You think all factories in this organization have same standards and QC requirements than OEM's?

Meeting a minimum standard for inclusion in the organization doesn't mean it's the same standards as VW. It's means they both meet the standard. And how exactly do you know your calipers are coming from this factory. Did the seller tell you this? Do all sellers tell the truth?

Are they using the same expensive tempered aluminum that brembo, AP, and other high end manufacturers use?

This is what it looks like when you use cheap aluminum.

Screenshot_20231002_203623_Chrome.jpg

If you want to trust your life to a knockoff caliper, you go right ahead.

Last edited:

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
@GTIfan99 so you getting in on this group buy with me?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
@GTIfan99 so you getting in on this group buy with me?
No, I bought actual Brembos directly from the Porsche dealer.

It's unlikely the dealer is selling fakes.

Arcadia has a lot of trust in some online seller. But hey, if an online seller tells you something, then it's always true.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It's interesting that you assume this organizations standards are similar to the manufacturers standards. You think all factories in this organization have same standards and QC requirements than OEM's?

Meeting a minimum standard for inclusion in the organization doesn't mean it's the same standards as VW. It's means they both meet the standard.

You're misunderstanding how the IATF standard works. VAG (and others) is a member of the IATF. They (along with other major car manufacturers in the IATF) dictate how a factory must operate to be IATF 16949:2016 certified. The link I gave was VAG's piece of "Yo, you wanna be IATF 16949:2016 certified? You have to follow this". Those aren't the rules VAG abides by, they are the rules VAG says other factories have to abide by to be certified.

And how exactly do you know your calipers are coming from this factory. Did the seller tell you this? Do all sellers tell the truth?

Because I didn't buy from a 3rd party reseller, but the factory directly?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
But the real mystery is, why does everyone keep spelling his name "Arcadia"?

Some people have problems understanding simple concepts.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Some people have problems understanding simple concepts.
I’m probably gonna buy them but I don’t know what I need to put em on. I’ll figure it out.

I personally am not that smart. A(r)cadia has a cat in his pfp and I think thats nice. As a result, I trust his ass.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Here, spelled out pretty simply:

About IATF

The IATF is an “ad hoc” group of automotive manufacturers and their respective National Automotive Industry Associations, formed to provide improved quality products to automotive customers worldwide. Specifically, the purposes for which the IATF was established are:
  1. To develop a consensus regarding international fundamental quality system requirements, primarily for the participating companies’ direct suppliers of production materials, product or service parts or finishing services (e.g. heat treating, painting and plating). These requirements will also be available for other interested parties in the automotive industry.
  2. To develop policies and procedures for the common IATF third party registration scheme to ensure consistency worldwide.
  3. To provide appropriate training to support IATF 16949 requirements and the IATF registration scheme.
  4. To establish formal liaisons with appropriate bodies to support IATF objectives.
IATF members include the following vehicle manufacturers: BMW Group, Ford Motor Company, Geely Holding Group, General Motors, IVECO Group, Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) Limited, Mercedes-Benz Group AG, Renault Group, Stellantis (ex FCA), Stellantis (ex PSA), Volkswagen AG and their respective National Automotive Industry Associations – AIAG (U.S.), ANFIA (Italy), FIEV (France), SMMT (U.K.) and VDA (Germany).

https://www.iatfglobaloversight.org/about-iatf/

So yeah. Volkswagen is part of a governing body that sets the standards that factories have to follow to be certified.

The factory I reached out to and bought directly from, JHY/Yuhuan Huayang Machinery Co. LTD (scary Chinese name, I know) is IATF certified.

1696296276424.png

https://iatf-customerportal.org/site (you can search for their certificate number, 466984)

That means that factory, follows standards that are set by a governing body that Volkswagen, is part of.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You're misunderstanding how the IATF standard works. VAG (and others) is a member of the IATF. They (along with other major car manufacturers in the IATF) dictate how a factory must operate to be IATF 16949:2016 certified. The link I gave was VAG's piece of "Yo, you wanna be IATF 16949:2016 certified? You have to follow this". Those aren't the rules VAG abides by, they are the rules VAG says other factories have to abide by to be certified.

Because I didn't buy from a 3rd party reseller, but the factory directly?
You went to the factory or you bought online? I went to the Porsche dealer.

And I think you're misunderstanding the difference between a caliper built to specifications set by Brembo, Stop Tech, AP and a factory being certified to manufacture car parts. Again, how do you know what type of aluminum they used and if it's tempered?

I can't imagine ever replacing the factory R or PP brakes for some unknown Brembo knockoffs. News flash, the standard brakes are as good as the real Brembos for anything short of tracking.

You're taking a lot of risk for $300.i sincerely hope you don't get injured. A caliper failing is not fun. I've had a brake disk fail on the street. It threw the car sideways and ripped the cast iron caliper in half. I was lucky there wasn't much traffic. I can't believe anyone with a $40k car with fully functioning and capable factory brakes would take this kind of risk for $300. It makes absolutely no sense, no matter how you try to justify it.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Here, spelled out pretty simply:

About IATF

The IATF is an “ad hoc” group of automotive manufacturers and their respective National Automotive Industry Associations, formed to provide improved quality products to automotive customers worldwide. Specifically, the purposes for which the IATF was established are:
  1. To develop a consensus regarding international fundamental quality system requirements, primarily for the participating companies’ direct suppliers of production materials, product or service parts or finishing services (e.g. heat treating, painting and plating). These requirements will also be available for other interested parties in the automotive industry.
  2. To develop policies and procedures for the common IATF third party registration scheme to ensure consistency worldwide.
  3. To provide appropriate training to support IATF 16949 requirements and the IATF registration scheme.
  4. To establish formal liaisons with appropriate bodies to support IATF objectives.
IATF members include the following vehicle manufacturers: BMW Group, Ford Motor Company, Geely Holding Group, General Motors, IVECO Group, Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) Limited, Mercedes-Benz Group AG, Renault Group, Stellantis (ex FCA), Stellantis (ex PSA), Volkswagen AG and their respective National Automotive Industry Associations – AIAG (U.S.), ANFIA (Italy), FIEV (France), SMMT (U.K.) and VDA (Germany).

https://www.iatfglobaloversight.org/about-iatf/

So yeah. Volkswagen is part of a governing body that sets the standards that factories have to follow to be certified.

The factory I reached out to and bought directly from, JHY/Yuhuan Huayang Machinery Co. LTD (scary Chinese name, I know) is IATF certified.

View attachment 292594

https://iatf-customerportal.org/site (you can search for their certificate number, 466984)

That means that factory, follows standards that are set by a governing body that Volkswagen, is part of.
You're seriously delusional if you think this association is anything other than PR. You can't even get manufacturers to comply with legal requirements and you think being part of this association means anything? It's a glorified lobbying group.

I bet you think the leafy greens association is keeping your spinach safe too. (That's a real association).

If you think your life is worth $300, you go for it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
lmao gottem

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)