GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Gets Everyone To Admit They're Lightning McQueen. "I Am Speed!" Kerchow!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
If you wanted to go all out, you can do a baked on ceramic coat in lieu of powdercoat, but they don't look shiny. We used Fireball Talon on my SM-10s and it's held up well to heat, they said it might last up to a year on calipers.

Putting freshly painted calipers in our oven is a very quick path divorce. It was bad enough just painting them in the garage.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Thanks. The ones I put in my GTI that I had powder coated did come out better. But this was $40 and an hour of my time, and got me 90% of the way there. Vs. $200 and 2 - 3 weeks waiting for my local place to powder coat them.

MK8's have blue calipers, but 7/7.5's are black.

God damn, why didn't I think of this? Thanks for the suggestion, I still have some ceramic coating left from my wheels. I probably won't wait the 30 days, but do it the day before I put them on. Which will be at least the 7 days of cure time, depending on when my lines get delivered.
holy n00b

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
calipers look great son, are you going to polush them?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
holy n00b
So you're using fake Porsche Brembos on your $40k VW and you're busting other people's balls for using genuine VAG braking components, because you don't like the stickers on them?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sounds more or less correct to me... what's the problem exactly? :unsure:
My problem is saving $300 and compromising a vital safety system in your car to look cool.

Stickers never hurt nobody.

He should pair them with some cheap Chinese rotors........oh wait.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
hate.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
My problem is saving $300 and compromising a vital safety system in your car to look cool.

Stickers never hurt nobody.

He should pair them with some cheap Chinese rotors........oh wait.

Other than "china = bad", what do you have to back up the "compromising a vital safety system" statement? OE spec aftermarket parts aren't exactly a new concept. Because backing up my "they're going to be fine" argument, I have:

I did my research before pulling the trigger, given that 1) I didn't want to just waste money, and 2) Brakes are kinda an important part of a car. But this isn't some fly by night back-alley brake dealer. It's a legit company that's been in business for decades. They are an OE spec manufacturer, that is actually an OEM supplier for Chinese automotive manufacturers as well. They're IATF (International Automotive Task Force; something VAG is a member of) 16949 certified (verified on https://iatf-customerportal.org/), which requires a manufacturer to "demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products that meet customer and applicable statutory, regulatory and product safety requirements."

Legit question. I'm open to a conversation.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Someones about to rest their case:
1696274670890.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Other than "china = bad", what do you have to back up the "compromising a vital safety system" statement? OE spec aftermarket parts aren't exactly a new concept. Because backing up my "they're going to be fine" argument, I have:

Legit question. I'm open to a conversation.
It's not China bad. It's Chinese factory, without a legit manufacturer's specs and QC, turning out forgeries as cheap as possible.

There's 2 possibilities.

1. It's every bit as good as the factory oem part.

2. It's a poor copy with inferior casting and materials.

My issue is you won't know which is. I'm sure they'll perform just fine, and get you safely to the scene of your accident.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
kind of agree. you should have cheaped out on go-fast stuff like a zhongtex turbo

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
So, China = bad. Got it. (y)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I concur actually, has anyone ever had something manufactured in america? i wouldn't trust brakes manufactured in america

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i'd make a terrible judge. good thing i ain't judy