GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Gets Everyone To Admit They're Lightning McQueen. "I Am Speed!" Kerchow!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
I've had good luck with regular spray paint, on my A3 I just used regular Krylon and it's holding up fine.

Unless you are tracking the car and heating up the brakes a lot, then you should probably use something rated for higher temps.

I don't track the car, but VHT caliper is rated up to 900°F anyway.

This is a pure bling upgrade.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I'm just saying, did it on a well prepped set of calipers years back and it just didn't dry and finish nearly as well as the G2 kit. Like, the paint felt uncured for a long time, which made them hold onto brake dust

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Try using the POR15 caliper kit, it's brush on too, but I've done a few sets of calipers with them and they have turned out well.
thanks! just ordered that, cause i didn't feel like spending another ~50 on yet another g2 kit on yet another car lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
I'm just saying, did it on a well prepped set of calipers years back and it just didn't dry and finish nearly as well as the G2 kit. Like, the paint felt uncured for a long time, which made them hold onto brake dust

Did you do the clear coat?

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
thanks! just ordered that, cause i didn't feel like spending another ~50 on yet another g2 kit on yet another car lol
Seal the can up well when you're done because you'll have plenty left over for future projects too haha. I did all four calipers on my A4, 4yrs later used the same can on my mom's A7, and there is still a decent bit left haha

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Try using the POR15 caliper kit, it's brush on too, but I've done a few sets of calipers with them and they have turned out well.
I need this to paint my rear calipers black to match my TT RS bbk so Acadia’s OCD will calm down lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
I need this to paint my rear calipers black to match my TT RS bbk so Acadia’s OCD will calm down lol

And get rid of the RS logo.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo

Thank you for your help, that was exactly the reaponse I was looking for. I didn't want to to sift through 11 pages of off topic bullshit and dick measuring contests. I only wanted to read a single page in that thread. I didn't want to read the entire thing. I'll make some notes with some contradicting points between users but largely it was a waste of time. You're telling me you'd disagree? Why is your natural response to be a helpful I really don't get it lmfao

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Wait a fuckin' second @riceburner....

Did you buy GTI PP brakes, paint them, and put R logos on them? To put on a GTI SE?!?!

1694613408349.png

1694613421889.png

If so, what the fuck is wrong with you!??!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
r's came with the same brakes and i was feeling spicy lol

fuck em

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Ahh. So young and naïve. I remember being there. Then the forum just turns us into what we are now.
haha reading through that thread def made me feel young again.