GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia's Build Thread With A Boring Title Currently

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That's the Chinese market Delphi unit that can (from what is claimed by the sellers) support the 9.2" display rather than the Harman MHI2 unit that is commonly used with the 9.2" display for EU and NAR (e-Golf), right? I came across those Delphi units during my research into the 9.2" retrofit... but it seems the Harman units are commonly recommend and used for the retrofits so there is not a lot of information about the Chinese market Delphi units.

Curious to see how it turns out!

scaler-create-impact.gif

That meme is painfully accurate.

My plan is to make a full backup. Install the new unit. Do a full backup of that. Compare and copy over long coding and try to match everything. Cry when it does work. Put my original unit back on. Pray that nothing got fucked up. Cry some more if it does. Bring it to the dealer, pay them a ridiculous amount of money to fix it. Cry again.

I don't care about a lot of the region specific things. Like I don't care if the VW nav doesn't work. Don't care if satellite radio doesn't work. Basically, any car functions that are covered by Android Auto, I don't care if they work, since I use that instead.

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
View attachment 283255

That meme is painfully accurate.

My plan is to make a full backup. Install the new unit. Do a full backup of that. Compare and copy over long coding and try to match everything. Cry when it does work. Put my original unit back on. Pray that nothing got fucked up. Cry some more if it does. Bring it to the dealer, pay them a ridiculous amount of money to fix it. Cry again.

I don't care about a lot of the region specific things. Like I don't care if the VW nav doesn't work. Don't care if satellite radio doesn't work. Basically, any car functions that are covered by Android Auto, I don't care if they work, since I use that instead.
If it makes you feel any better, that meme has been me learning about the Harman MHI2 + 9.2" display retrofit/conversion stuff. I would like to think I am making good progress. I've lurked these forums enough that I did think to myself, 'If I figure this out, maybe I should message Acadia' since the 9.2" display retrofit seemed like your cup of tea. Guess I was too slow on that one!

Good call on taking backups. You should be relatively safe as you can just swap your original NAR unit back in if you had to. Expect a lot of errors that will appear on the dash after swapping the main unit that go away after a quick drive.

I assume that the seller somehow got an English language pack installed on the unit though I am not sure what firmware that unit will be running. I suppose it must be an MST2 derivative of some sort. If the seller 'unlocked' the unit as I have seen, you will likely still have component protection faults that are visible when scanning your car with a diagnostic tool. Since you are setting the baseline for the retrofit as just facilitating Android Auto and vehicle functions, hopefully you will not run into too many surprises.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If it makes you feel any better, that meme has been me learning about the Harman MHI2 + 9.2" display retrofit/conversion stuff. I would like to think I am making good progress. I've lurked these forums enough that I did think to myself, 'If I figure this out, maybe I should message Acadia' since the 9.2" display retrofit seemed like your cup of tea. Guess I was too slow on that one!

Good call on taking backups. You should be relatively safe as you can just swap your original NAR unit back in if you had to. Expect a lot of errors that will appear on the dash after swapping the main unit that go away after a quick drive.

I assume that the seller somehow got an English language pack installed on the unit though I am not sure what firmware that unit will be running. I suppose it must be an MST2 derivative of some sort. If the seller 'unlocked' the unit as I have seen, you will likely still have component protection faults that are visible when scanning your car with a diagnostic tool. Since you are setting the baseline for the retrofit as just facilitating Android Auto and vehicle functions, hopefully you will not run into too many surprises.

Thanks. I was already braced to have CP faults when scanning, but that they shouldn't do anything asides from lurk in the background. With updated UPS shipping, hopefully it won't take too long to get here, and I can see if it works like I hope 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
How many more inches are you gaining?

Only 1.2". But if you look at it from an angle, it looks bigger than that...

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
From experience, having had pretty much everything MIB in my car, you can swap units around as much as you want. And as long as you never adapt component protection your car's original unit will go back in with zero issue.

You know I can't handle any lingering faults so an "unlocked" unit just doesn't work for me 😂. Even though it wasn't cheap mine went from 5.x to 9.2" which is really an incredible improvement, especially at my age.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
From experience, having had pretty much everything MIB in my car, you can swap units around as much as you want. And as long as you never adapt component protection your car's original unit will go back in with zero issue.

You know I can't handle any lingering faults so an "unlocked" unit just doesn't work for me 😂. Even though it wasn't cheap mine went from 5.x to 9.2" which is really an incredible improvement, especially at my age.

I'm fine with background faults as long as there's no errors shown on the dash 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I wish I could see all faults on the dash, I need to know what's going on!

I go by the belief that if it's important enough, it will show up on the dash :ROFLMAO:

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I have been looking for something to clean the tires so the P&S Undressed sounds like a good bet.

Have you or anyone else used their shampoo? I'm just about out of shampoo and thinking about this to make the shipping costs more worthwhile.
https://psdetailproducts.com/collec...oducts/irs-foaming-auto-shampoo-car-wash-soap

Also lookng to purchase the MTM cannon soon so I am wondering if this shampoo would work well with it.
Undressed ended up being not that great. I used it pure, no dilition, I can not believe that P&S recommends to dilute up to 1:10. I washed the tire twice, and ended up with white foam (which usually means a very clean tire) and when I dried the wheel there was tire dressing still on it. I did a spray with Optimum Power clean and a quick brushed pulled up the dirt, foam turned charcoal color almost immediately. I used the Detailed Factory tire brush, maybe if I had used a stronger bristle brush it would have done better.

1686422437377.jpeg

P&S Undressed pure, I rubbed the tire right under the Michelin logo... blah.

1686422147164.jpeg

Backside after a single pass with P&S at 100%

1686422413206.jpeg

After Power Clean, much better, but definitely not as good as Adam's Tire Cleaner.

1686422367144.jpeg

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Undressed ended up being not that great. I used it pure, no dilition, I can not believe that P&S recommends to dilute up to 1:10. I washed the tire twice, and ended up with white foam (which usually means a very clean tire) and when I dried the wheel there was tire dressing still on it. I did a spray with Optimum Power clean and a quick brushed pulled up the dirt, foam turned charcoal color almost immediately. I used the Detailed Factory tire brush, maybe if I had used a stronger bristle brush it would have done better.

View attachment 283471

P&S Undressed pure, I rubbed the tire right under the Michelin logo... blah.

View attachment 283468

Backside after a single pass with P&S at 100%

View attachment 283470

After Power Clean, much better, but definitely not as good as Adam's Tire Cleaner.

View attachment 283469
Thanks for the follow up. Just ordered the Adam's from Amazon.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R