GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia's Build Thread With A Boring Title Currently

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Get it on stands, you may find a nice surprise that it has a caster kit installed which would explain the heavier steering feel.

It's getting an ONR spongebath, then it'll be lifted up.

Congrats on the newer R my dood

Thanks.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
ONR spongebath feat. slav squat

PXL_20230308_155819487.PORTRAIT.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got underneath it. Clean, no extra goodies (which is good). Nothing out of the ordinary.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
PXL_20230308_172510582.PORTRAIT.jpg

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Looks great!

I just got back from a 7 hour round trip. So much fun to drive!

Auto start/stop has gotta go. My heart skips a beat every time I come to a light, and the engine dies.
Didn't your Mk7 have a start stop disable switch by the shifter? I know it is pain in the ass to turn on every time the car is started but at least the engine won't stop.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
All tuning platforms turns off the auto start stop. Just saying.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I don't normally like black wheels for the most part, but they look great on her. Congrats!

Yeah.

I'm very conflicted on the wheels.

It's going to have gloss black wheels, no matter what. I think they look great with the color. It just goes so well with the trim, side skirts, mirror caps, etc...

The fact that they have brand new DWS06+'s with 8/32nds of tread left makes it really hard for me to get rid of them.

1678317506237.png

I thought about getting my Neuspeeds powder coated. But realistically, I'm looking at probably $750 - $1000 at the cheapest to powder coat them, since I have 5. If not more. I don't think my powder coat guy would be like "Yeah $50 a wheel". Plus another $100 - $200 getting tires unmounted\remounted\balanced, etc... Shit, I only paid $1000 for the wheels and tires alone lol.

Plus I've run different sets of the RSE10's on my GTI and then my white R.

I might just sell my Neuspeeds, grab some small spacers to flush them out just a smidge, and rock the Pret's.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
video_540_AdobeExpress.gif

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Congrats on the new .:R the black Prets look damn good. I have graphite Apex SM10s on my GTI which I love, but occasionally I see a pic of my car on its original Black Pretorias and consider putting them back on with better rubber. It's really hard to go wrong with Prets, I wouldn't blame you for keeping them either.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
1678390826216.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I need to get more VHB to actually install it, so it's just set on, but man... This'll look good once it's installed...

1678392494018.png

1678392522514.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Bumperdillo and windshield tint strip gotta go.

I might be more inclined to leave the bumperdillo if it was gloss black like all the other accents and trim, but even then. Just looks so much more clean without it. Windshield strip, while of course it's see through, it's dark enough where in your peripheral vision it just makes the viewing area of the windshield feel that much smaller.

1678392623502.png

Not a fan, it's gotta come off.