GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Gets Everyone To Admit They're Lightning McQueen. "I Am Speed!" Kerchow!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
That intercooler installed yet??

Yeah, it's in.

...it's box.

It might take 3 days to install, so I want to make sure I have some good time blocked off for it. Maybe this weekend.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
actually it's 1 day to swap intercooler, 2 days of waiting for new radiator clips after you break them

People who break these clips are ogres

Just call me Shrek. I've had replacements already sitting in my garage for 2 months in preparation.

Could I do it without breaking them? Maybe.

But when everyone says it's just easier to break and replace them, well... let me just get the 2x4.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
But when everyone says it's just easier to break and replace them, well... let me just get the 2x4.
That's asinine. Both the statement itself and taking advice from people who shouldn't be working on cars themselves

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
It's like having a condo in your wallet when you're 17. I'd rather have them and not need them, then need them and not have them. For $15, I can have them on hand.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
It's like having a condo in your wallet when you're 17. I'd rather have them and not need them, then need them and not have them. For $15, I can have them on hand.
I thought a condo in your wallet was some sort of weird euphemism.

I will admit I bought these in anticipation of breaking them. Nope. They were super easy to get out. I don’t know what all the mystery is around this job.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
People who break these clips are ogres
Technically did 2 installs (install and removal) on OEM clips and didn’t break them. I’d just thread the bolt hole if they break instead of installing more shitty clips.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo