GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Golf Folding Mirror Retrofit - Door Modules

neoupa2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf Wagon
Hello all.

I've combed through nearly all the threads, and the consensus is that I would need the highline modules (ending with 592/593). Currently my modules are 5Q4959392F/-393F

All the threads state that the retrofit is possible with 5Q0959592E/-593E door modules; this swap must be done if your vehicle came with these or the -392E and/or -393E modules.

However, it looks like VW has updated the door modules post 2019, and the modules are now ending with suffix F as opposed to E. I cannot find any reference to the Golf regarding -F suffix modules in any parts diagrams, even when I punch in my VIN or manual lookup it gives me 5Q0959592E/-593E.

Now my question is whether it is possible to install the highline -E prefix door modules anyway instead of sourcing a -F one (which it is not looking promising and near impossible to source used)?

where2

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 e-Golf
To follow up on your question: No, the 5Q0959592E/-593E are NOT compatible or interchangeable with the 5Q0959592F/-593F modules. I have a set of 5Q0959592B/-593B modules (from a Golf) that I bought to try that with on my 2019, but VW changed the orientation of the two large pins in the White connector. On 5Q0959592E/-593E modules (or B or D modules), the large pins in the white connector are horizontal. On 5Q0959592F/-593F modules those high current pins in the white connector are Vertical like the pins in the adjacent connector hole that connects to the wires to the power window motor. I've sourced AliExpress 5Q4959592F/-593F modules, but now I need someone with ODIS to set the parameters in the module to sort out the errors they generate in my 2019. (ACC fault which will not clear, the reversed window motor power issue, and mirror functions that are 90° to my input with the mirror control knob). I'm still trying to find a source for the used Golf Mk7.5 modules ending in F which should have been on the Golf GTI/R models produced around the same time frame in 2019. Some cars since then have shipped with 392K/393K, but I haven't figured out what cars those belong to.

If I find a solution, I'll post it.

neoupa2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf Wagon
I'm debating repinning them into the older -E module connector to see if it works, but I'm not sure if the pin assignments are all the same.

where2

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 e-Golf
Yeah, I could spend hours with the thousand plus page wiring diagrams for all the Mk7/Mk7.5 models, and probably still not sort out what every pin on each door module does. The wiring diagrams don't differentiate between lowline and highline module cars. They presume every car had power folding mirrors, but if you didn't, just ignore the part of the diagram that doesn't pertain to your car!

Since I have a collection of door modules, I decided to go the other direction this afternoon: What happens if you add pins to the 392F/393F modules and code them like a 592F/593F module? This whole scenario was easier than I thought, because the pins are NOT actually soldered to the PC board in the modules. They are simply press fit into the holes!! So, if you gently tap them out of the circuit board, you can press them into a different board.

With all pins installed: fault for open circuit on folding motor persists (same as if there are no pins in the module). Pin 1 drives the puddle light on the underside of the folding mirror and those will work by just adding the pin to the module and coding the module. The (X,Y) positions for the mirror still don't work, so no mirror dip in reverse with the lowline modules.

I figured they changed the pin orientation because something changed about the CanBus.

neoupa2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf Wagon
Update for the record, ended up using 5Q0959592F/-593F for the retrofit, can confirm that the plugs and even the modules themselves look different to the previous -E versions.