GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
The 17x9’s look awesome.

What was the clearance like to the right rear fuel filler hose? Your car appears lowered. Do you have a FTG measurement for us with your stock wheels?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
The 17x9’s look awesome.

What was the clearance like to the right rear fuel filler hose? Your car appears lowered. Do you have a FTG measurement for us with your stock wheels?
There was a few mm clearance on the fuel filler neck at rest. I have not modified the position of that in any way. My FTG is 25 & 3/8ths. I also have 2 degrees rear camber.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
A few teaser shots for y’all

17x9 ET42 with 255/40/17 Nitto NT01
Took the liberty of punching this up a bit. Quick little 5 minute edit on the phone so it ain't perfect!
3BE2C65F-457C-40EA-8DB1-879A88CAB516.jpg

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
There was a few mm clearance on the fuel filler neck at rest. I have not modified the position of that in any way. My FTG is 25 & 3/8ths. I also have 2 degrees rear camber.
Thank you.

What was the clearance to your front coilovers?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I don’t anticipate the front to have any issues if you are running some camber. Right rear was always likely to be tight.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Can't wait to see photos of the 18" wheels installed.

I'm not sure what sort of monster stuck a five lug conversion on a GT3 RS, but hey, they are 18" SM10's.

I'm about 99.5% sure I want bronze, but pics of black actually look really good and occupy that half a percentage of uncertainty in my mind.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Wish the wheels have more concavity but they look promising.
They really can't with our offsets. My M Coupe had 8mm rear offset on 9 inch wide wheels, allowing for nice concavity, but our 40+ offset on 7.5" wide wheels just isn't going to allow anything resembling concavity.

DaRock1459

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
I'm not sure what sort of monster stuck a five lug conversion on a GT3 RS, but hey, they are 18" SM10's.

I'm about 99.5% sure I want bronze, but pics of black actually look really good and occupy that half a percentage of uncertainty in my mind.
X2 on Bronze, but the photos of the anthracite and black versions are still quite enticing.