GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Fairly well, still loving mine after almost two years. While more folks in my area are getting them, I've yet to see a set in the wild... recommend them when I can.

That said, I literally just found a finish issue on one of mine. Had what looked like a paint bubble on the inside spoke flake off when I rubbed it. Its counter to the wheel spin so unlikely to be a road debris strike, but anything is possible.

Does Apex have anthracite touchup paint or has anyone had luck with a paint match elsewhere like Duplicolor? I want just close enough to hide the new chip spot on it, a nail polish type applicator would work well in this case.

Unfortunately, we do not offer touch up paint due to our agreement with our manufacturing facility. With that said, we have had plenty of customers paint match our Anthracite finish without any issues to fix blems, etc. Typically, any automotive focused paint shop or wheel repair shop should be able to match our Anthracite finish pretty easily.

-Geirsen

2LEEGIT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Going little overboard with touch up.

IMG_1481.jpeg

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion

Our biggest sale of the year is now live! Don’t miss your chance to lock in a deep discount on sets of our Forged and Flow Formed wheels as the holiday season kicks off. All our wheels are on sale with huge discounts available sitewide. Free shipping will also be available for all orders during the sale.*

Buy Now

15% off Sprint Line Forged Wheels

Our popular Forged offerings at an even more affordable price. Save 15% on the lightest wheels we make including our VS-5RS and SM-10RS designs.

20% Off Flow Formed Wheels

A better value than ever, our Flow Formed VW/Audi SM-10 wheels are 20% off across the board. With 17" and 18" options in both OEM+ and aggressive track/street fitments available, there's a perfect fitment out there for every car.

Spacers and More

Caps, Spacers, Studkits, Bolts, Nuts. No matter what you need to get your fitment dialed in, our sale has you covered with a 20% discount on these critical upgrades for your VW/Audi.

With a variety of options on offer be sure to consult our Fitment Guides before ordering. If you still have questions, our fitment experts are standing by to help with inquiries, but will be overwhelmed as we near the sale’s end. Beat the procrastinators and reach out early for help with your next set of Apex wheels.

Buy Now

Need time before you buy? This sale ends on November 30th at midnight PST.

*Free shipping to the lower 48 US states

Questions?
Call: 925-245-0773
Email: expert@apexwheels.com
Web: https://apexwheels.com
Hours: M-F 9a-5p PST

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion

From everyone here at Apex Wheels, We hope you have a great Thanksgiving day with your family, friends, and of course your VW. Don’t miss out on the largest sale of the year
and shed the weight from Thanksgiving dinner with a lightweight set of wheels. We have all of our VW wheels on sale at 15-20% off along with Apex accessories like spacers, stud kits, and center caps.

If you have any questions regarding fitment or other technical wheel/tire details, feel free to check out our VW fitment guides via the following link:

APEX VW Wheel & Tire Fitment Guides

If you can't find the answers you're looking for in the guides, you can send us a message using our fitment form.

Buy Now

Questions?
Call: (925) 245-0773
Web: apexwheels.com

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Any update on Apex offering a winter setup?

Also SM-10s in bronze or anthracite on pure white?

Last edited:

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Any update on Apex offering a winter setup?

Also SM-10s in bronze or anthracite on pure white?

We already have a super ideal Winter fitment we recommend from our current SM-10 offerings! My go-to Winter fitment for these cars is the 17x8.5" ET43 SM-10 with 235/45-17 tires at all four corners. That setup will provide a flush fit that looks good while offering ideal functionality/performance for Winter/offseason driving (taller sidewalls, better contact patch to cut through snow, etc). Plus, the 235/45-17 tire size has a TON of all-season and Winter tire availability.

I personally run that setup with 235/45-17 Michelin AS4 tires on a set of 17x8.5" ET43 Satin Bronze SM-10s on my Golf Sportwagen. However, Anthracite is definitely a better option to help keep your wheels looking "cleaner" throughout the off season.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

-Geirsen

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion

Our largest sale of the year is already halfway over, don’t miss out on these savings. We have all of our VW wheels on sale at 15-20% off along with Apex accessories like spacers, stud kits, and center caps.

If you have any questions regarding fitment or other technical wheel/tire details, feel free to check out our VW fitment guides via the following link:

If you can't find the answers you're looking for in the guides, you can send us a message using our fitment form.

Buy Now

Questions?

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion

Our biggest sale of the year is extended for 24 hours! This is your last chance to lock in a deep discount on sets of our Forged and Flow Formed wheels. On top of huge savings, free shipping will be available for all orders during the sale.*
With a variety of options on offer be sure to consult our Fitment Guides before ordering. If you procrastinated a bit, that’s okay! Our fitment experts are standing by to help with any questions you may have.
You can find our VW specific fitment guides via the following link:

Buy Now

Questions?

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
@APEXWheels can you point me to your brake fitment guide? I am going to be going bbk on my 17" SM-10s, but I can't seem to find the page on your site anymore.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
@APEXWheels can you point me to your brake fitment guide? I am going to be going bbk on my 17" SM-10s, but I can't seem to find the page on your site anymore.

Also interested since I noticed it was taken down semi-recently...

Since we have moved to our new website, the fitment guides have undergone a few changes. We are currently working on making improved and easier to update brake clearance tables across the board but that project is still in the works. In the meantime, here is a copy of the brake clearance table from the old guide:

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 11.32.29 AM.png

If you have a brake setup that is not listed in that table, please let me know and I can check if we have any internal data.

-Geirsen

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I suspect I know the answer to this, but 17x9 VS-5RS and the 034 375x34 rotors with stock Mk8 two piston floaters, that’s a no, right? Now that GiroDisc lists a stock 357x34 option, I’m likely good without any 034 parts.