GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. avenali312

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

That's what the computer (and Russia) wants you to think.
  2. avenali312

Carbon Cleaning before tuning???

Fixed. Nothing really prevents it in a North American car without MPI.
  3. avenali312

Carbon Cleaning before tuning???

Stock car driven pretty lightly in a lot of stop and go traffic. This was mine at like 73k miles. Idle smoothed out considerably.
  4. avenali312

In case we are nearing the end, it's been an honor and a privilege. Godspeed. I spent the first 30 minutes today just constant refreshing and getting the same. I've never had a signature before, but this one seemed appropriate.
  5. avenali312

Thanks For The Memories

Congrats! I'm not familiar with BMW in the least, so what's the idea behind a twin turbo 4 cylinder? Two smaller turbos for faster spool? I just did a quick Google and saw their terminology is TwinPower Turbo, is that something different? Someone educate me so I don't have to do research haha.
  6. avenali312

Congrats! But at the age of 40, moving cities sounds like an effing nightmare haha.
  7. avenali312

Windshield Replacement: OEM or Aftermarket?

My car doesn't have any fancy cameras or sensors, so I'd probably just end up going with Safelite or something. I do have an annoying small chip right in my sight line. When it rains, the wiper leaves a streak from that spot, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time until it starts to spready from...
  8. avenali312

Windshield Replacement: OEM or Aftermarket?

Yeah, I feel like this has come up quite a few times. Pilkington and Saint Gobain are mentioned in the conversations, usually. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/windshield-replacement.420174/
  9. avenali312

This. Hoka max cushion are like running on clouds. I replace my shoes every year or 300 miles, whatever comes first. I usually have 3 or 4 pair in rotation to make them last longer and for various surfaces. I'm notoriously bad at warming up pre-run haha. I did spend quite a bit of time...
  10. avenali312

Look into Jeff Galloway's Run/Walk/Run and come up with a plan. Use a watch or app to make you take walk breaks. I still do this on my long runs after 10 years of running. I target a 11:00 to 12:00 minute pace and run 0.90 miles and take a walk break of 0.10. At this point, I can pretty much do...
  11. avenali312

Yeah, I think I've done 3 or 4 of them at this point. Always lose my big toenails afterwards. Working on that little problem to hopefully go farther in the future haha. Longest was 32 miles in an 11 hour endurance event.
  12. avenali312

On a good day, when I'm trying, I can do like an 8:15 mile. But I rarely run speed days anymore and I just tend to maintain a 10:00 to 12:00 minute pace on my weekday maintenace runs. My best 50k is an 8:12:56 with about 4,000 feet of elevation gain. That time was about 50 minutes faster than...
  13. avenali312

Yeah, most of my events are ultramarathons or trail/mountain running races. Mountain bike is mostly just for some cross-training. Edit: Runner is a strong term. I mostly power hike up any serious elevation and run the flats and descents haha.
  14. avenali312

Board of Director's meeting for my undergrad alumni association Run somewhere between 8-10 miles Bleed some air out of my mountain bike brakes so I don't die
  15. avenali312

Price Drop and OBO: Burger Motorsports JB1

Sent you a private message!
  16. avenali312

I don't think I ever saw a gator for the four years we lived in Jacksonville (technically Orange Park/Oakleaf) even though we were surrounded by retention ponds. Always loved the "someone that grew up around something versus a n00b" reaction in this PGA Tour video...
  17. avenali312

How many miles? I'll have days where it takes a good hour and a half to get home, which is about 14 miles haha.