GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

DIY: MIB1 > MIB2 NEW SIMPLIFIED Method

Not yet - will do - thanks I am sure the MIB2 unit doesn't know where to get its data from... I turned on the menus but the data isn't working from car to MIB
  2. B

tried everything. The radio was brand new so no adaptions have been set - I have a feeling the MIB2 unit doesn't know which Can bus to use for data as most things don't work - I can set tyres pressure and it doesn't reset the warning light...and everything else shows 'FUNCTION CURRENTLY NOT...
  3. B

Worked! However I now have a flashing flat tyre logo - any suggestions... ? Also - radio doesn't go off when taking key out of the ignition?
  4. B

How to code new MIB2 with reversing sensors and TPMS

Thanks - will give this a try this morning - It looks like my daughters car radio is missing alot of memus - for example 'assist' says unavailable - Does anyone have a generic list of commands for a standard car with most options? My daughters car is 2015 match 1.6tdi with cruise control, Park...
  5. B

Thanks to BrentGti for the help - Most stuff is now working ... I didn't reset the car after the changes! Only realised when daughter drove car most stuff was back... I am still struggling to get the TPMS back onto the screen however - and various menus are missing ( lights left on etc...)...
  6. B

Thanks - I have tried most of these and nothing is working - The radio was brand new - so likely not everything was set ? Can bus channels etc? Any suggestions for uploading the existing download from original MIB?
  7. B

How do I find this list - I have tried :) Thanks in advance
  8. B

Thanks so much for this - I had worked out this much after posting - but the VCDs lead I have is old and says it won't let me upload the adaptions! - I have downloaded both 5F adaptions and compared them via google docs and was going to change manually the differences (!) anyone know of any...
  9. B

Ok- Found the adaptions and coding via VCDs but as it's an old cable I can't upload the stored values is this correct? Does anyone know which I need to copy over as there is loads!
  10. B

I have bought a brand new MIB2 unlocked from Germany on ebay - everything is unlocked ( car play etc) but due to it being brand new nothing is active. Currently I have access to a genuine VCDs cable and have software. Can anyone give me a heads up on how to code the radio with these at all or...
  11. B

Last stupid question! Does anyone have a list of radios that should have APP Connect from factory - ready to be patched at all? I am still unsure of which radios I should look to buy? Does anyone know of a list with extras ( DAB+ WiFi etc ?)
  12. B

Brilliant - this makes sense now - this should be pinned to the first post on this :) I am looking at using serial to patch a cheaper Preh/Tecnisat unit as have used putty in work - so this may be the cheapest and easiest for me to try :)
  13. B

Sorry - I really don't understand the 'software train' element - what does this mean? sorry for all the questions - I just wish there was a way to know which radio would work for my daughter and how to hack it! We are in the UK and need DAB if possible. It looks to me like the easiest is the nav...
  14. B

This is the issue - its a minefield in second hand units with different hardware and software variations! I take it the software isn't mentioned on the labels?
  15. B

Again thanks for the info - I am slowly gaining knowledge on it - I did buy an MIB2 from ebay that was wrong and my daughter is upset with me! So I need to find a suitable replacement asap... So... The MIB2 units with 1 SD slot can't be done? or can't be done easily? like this ...
  16. B

I was trying to do this as cheap as possible for my 19 year old daughter - so the cheaper single SD preh/technisat units can't be done easily?
  17. B

really appreciate the help. I have been told to find a golf 3Q0035874C - I have quickly read the hacking instructions - but still confusing! Do you need to know the radio software etc to be able to create a patch ( or am I way off!) and will this unit I have found (delphi) be easy to swap with...
  18. B

Thanks for the help - found this one - it says from touran - can it be unlocked to work on golf 2015 and have carplay? It SO confusing all the different variations!
  19. B

So is it not worth looking at the tecnisat/preh radios at all? can these be hacked?
  20. B

Thanks - so it's the delphi which is easy to 'hack' to work with carplay and remove CP?