GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Short circuit to ground / open circuit error codes

Hi, My engine light went on and I seems to be getting quite a lot of engine code errors due to short circuit to ground. I cleared the faults to be sure and the same errors returned: Car: Year: 2015 Body type: D5 Hatchback Engine: CXBA kW ( hp) l...
  2. E

Slow cabin heat - again

Hi, I thought I had permanently fixed a slow cabin heat issue by replacing the heater core in 2020 but the same problem is back again. My car was post-warranty and I somehow managed to get VW Canada to pay for half the repair since the problem had started during year 4. The engine temp goes up...
  3. E

Low cabin heat - again

Hi, I thought I had permanently fixed a slow cabin heat issue by replacing the heater core in 2020 but the same problem is back again. My car was post-warranty and I somehow managed to get VW Canada to pay for half the repair since the problem had started during year 4. The engine temp goes up...
  4. E

Rotor scored

I installed new rear rotors and pads 3 years ago and just noticed some heavy scoring on the exterior side of one of the rotors (the other one is fine). What can cause this?? I don't drive much, about 7500 miles per year. I cleaned out the pads and caliper bolts and put new brake silicone grease...
  5. E

Engine noise / ECP light and Turbocharger error

Been trying to resolve a thrashing noise coming from the engine sounding like a clicking sprocket or spokes from a bicycle. I initially thought it was the transmission but the noise appears when revving in neutral. My ECP light has been showing intermittently and I have a Turbocharger error...
  6. E

Resurface or change Rotor?

Front left stock rotor/disc on Golf MK7 Tsi 2015- time to change? Or resurface? It’s a shame cuz the right one is spotless. Car only has 75,000km (46602miles) so not much driving done, but the snow & salt just kills everything here…Pads are still thick but the inner pad for this rotor has very...
  7. E

Mk7 TSi Manual Transmission Freewheel Noise

Hi, anyone have an idea what may be causing a clicking wind-up noise (from the transmission) almost like a bycicle freewheel occuring when driving ? The noise also last a few seconds when in neutral for a few moments. First mechanic is stumped, said pehaps a regular manual transmission fluid...
  8. E

Coolant or oil leak? Golf MK7 Tsi

Coolant or oil leak? Seem to be coming down from the oil pan but I'm gathering the water pump may be leaking. How do you check for sure? Since the residue is orange most likely coolant? Tnx