GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Bang for the buck Bushing Upgrade - Front LCA and rear Trailing arm?

Assuming all other bushings are in good condition, are these the bushings to upgrade for the best balance between performance ~ cost? From my research on this forum, it seems after upgrading the front control arm bushings (2x per side) and the rear tailing arm (1x per side), you get to a point...
  2. E

Brembo OEM+ brake setup

I humbly request an estimated price for the caliber and mounting hardware. When you are ready Thank you
  3. E

EA888 MK7 Bartek Oil Cooler, keeps factory filter

Considering I just want to have fun....maybe I should just keep the IS20 and a stage 1 tune. Should lower heat requirements and add longevity to everything in the car.
  4. E

Interesting information. I'll do some more reading. From a value perspective I was considering a APR DTR6054, mostly because it includes the required tune. I'm kind of okay with keeping the rest of the exhaust stock, and just bolting on an intercooler + cooling upgrades.
  5. E

Thanks for the post. Adding Aux coolers is the original plan. I was thinking of adding a CSF radiator and either an OEM or CTS aux cooler on the passenger side. The CSF Aux cooler is very pricey up here. My A3 (2.0, Quattro) has the coolant bottle on the driver side where the aux cooler would...
  6. E

I just has to say this is a wealth of information and amazing. Thanks again.
  7. E

Thank you. I’m making a part list for converting my car to a HPDE oriented car.
  8. E

Okay it removes the factory water/oil heat exchanger.
  9. E

Likely yes, but overall it would be a net positive. The air leaving the cooler will still be colder than everything downstream of it.
  10. E

Do it all Sportwagen - street/hoon/track/drag you name it....this is the way...

Beautiful. Thank you for all this information.
  11. E

Wow - and you are able to run sessions with an IS38 without issues? I was thinking of a DTR6054 and wasn’t sure if I’d need to retrofit the R/S3 Aux coolers
  12. E

Great build thread. I'm going to start reading through it all to figure out your cooling mods.
  13. E

EBC RP-1 AND RP-X track pad review

Makes sense. Looks like the APR BBK is not available on the website anymore. Do you also use the APR rotors ?
  14. E

EBC RP-1 AND RP-X track pad review

Great read. Did how ever try a full setup of Bluestuff NDX, front and rear?
  15. E

https://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/1.8l-2.0l-tsi-ea888-gen.3-mqb-oil-cooler-kit-bar-tek Haven't really seen any discussion about this oil cooler. It uses the same cooler as THIS, but instead does not require a different oil filter versus OEM. I can't tell if it directly cools the oil or the water...
  16. E

How does the factory Golf R DSG Cooler work?

If you could get the part number of the hose that goes from the quick connector -> aux cooler and quick connector -> y junction it would be much appreciated. I managed to find the aux cooler side here...
  17. E

Thanks for the post! I have a 2.0 Quattro so I *think* it should have the valve. I’ll take a look next time I can. I’m planning to make the car into a HPDE toy in a year or two, so I’m starting to compile a parts list now.
  18. E

Thanks for the reply. It appears the electro valve might already be there on A3/GTI models based on this install guide for this "retrofit" DSG cooler: Link to installation instructions If the electrics are already there I might try to retrofit the lines and install 2x CSF auxiliary coolers +...
  19. E

Thanks for the reply! So on the GTI, the coolant goes Engine -> DSG Cooler -> back to main path On the R, the coolant goes Engine -> Aux Cooler - > DSG Cooler -> back to main path Great! So I'd assume the y-split from engine-> aux cooler already exists on the base GTI/A3. I'd need the rad...
  20. E

If I understand correctly the R/S3 come with an additional auxiliary cooler for DSG cars on the driver side bumper. The A3/GTI do not. Can someone answer/validate these two things for me? 1. A3/GTI have a standard "heat exchanger" the transfer heat from DSG->engine coolant, and is also used as...