GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Wtb: VW Pretoria Wheels [DMV Area

Wife’s GTI has 2 bents wheels. She’s always wanted a set of Pretoria Wheels so I’m in the market. 18” would be ideal as we have good DWS06’s, but if decent tires are included that’s even better and size wouldn’t matter.
  2. M

Why the hate for Amsoil?

I know this is going to end up being a argument most likely. I use Amsoil in my STI and always get back great test results from blackstone. Ive been using (past 2 oil changes) LiquiMoly in my wife's 17 GTI. Both tests the results came back good, but not as good as the oil results from my STI...
  3. M

Whats my best option for extended warranty?

Bought my 2017 in 11/16. Two years later we have close to 50k miles. Im interested in trying to get an extended warranty. I called up Endurance Extended warranty (which covered to 2023 and 150k miles) and they quoted me $4200 for the extended warranty. Are there any good options out there?
  4. M

Wife hit a pothole, and its been the death of me.

A few months back my wife called and said she hit a pothole and had a flat tire. Sure enough she bent the wheel. Not a huge deal, I had a spare Austin in the shed for the car anyway. The pothole hit the driver side passenger side front wheel. AAA put the spare tire on for her, and I swapped...
  5. M

WTB: Maryland Nogaro

My wife bent two of the OEM wheels on her 17. Looking for a set of Nogaro to replace with.
  6. M

Headlight "turn light" not coming on anymore when turning?

Our 17 with the lighting package has been having an intermittent issue now when we are turning - the headlamp side illumination doesn't come on anymore. I ended up having to turn the fog lights off, and then it started working again. Now with the fogs on they work, about 50% of the time. What...
  7. M

OEM tire life?

Just took the GTI to our dealer and they mentioned that the rear tires were at 3/32 and 4/32 while the fronts were at 6/32. We assume they got rotated when the car was in its accident and had an alignment done. These are the Pirelli Cinturato P7. They have 10,600 miles on them. At this rate I...
  8. M

Canceling service contract?

When I purchased my wife's GTI, the dealer sold me on the first three services for $500. After doing some research, Ive found that that is basically $170 for an oil change. My dealer does oil changes for $59 with a $20 rebate. I called VW today and asked if I could cancel my service contract...
  9. M

You've got to be kidding me... hit again.

My old thread: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26800 So we are still getting the car properly fixed. We are on paint job THREE from getting rear ended back in December. But my car just got hit again. Side swiped from a lady backing out of my driveway. Got the quote and came...
  10. M

Bought 35 days ago and rear ended...

Well I bought my wife a MK7 GTI for Christmas (her car was on its way out) and we picked it up right around Thanksgiving. Last week she got rear ended (guy almost missed) buy a F350 crew cab telco box truck. Police towed the car to the wrecker yard until insurance could figure what to do with...