GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Poor 1st to 2nd gear changes

Anyone else notice that in a manual 1st to 2nd gear change is often a bit rough/stiffer/not as smooth (sometimes just crunches) as all the other gear changes? I had this on two gearboxes on my Mk5 GT TDI and now this GTD is exactly the same. Seems to be "a thing". Maybe 1st to 2nd is the biggest...
  2. M

GTD manual 1st to 2nd.

Anyone else notice that in a manual 1st to 2nd gear change is often a bit rough/stiffer/not as smooth (sometimes just crunches) as all the other gear changes? I had this on two gearboxes on my Mk5 GT TDI and now this GTD is exactly the same. Seems to be "a thing". Maybe 1st to 2nd is the...
  3. M

Studdering when pulling off

ONLY TRY THIS IF YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH AND ABOUT TO SPEND MONEY ON A NEW CLUTCH. Ok so I've fixed this problem. I found this fix on a forum where someone said it worked for them. It's not something you'd ever consider doing under normal circumstances but as my mechanic felt that the problem was...
  4. M

Judder when pulling away.

ONLY TRY THIS IF YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH AND ABOUT TO SPEND MONEY ON A NEW CLUTCH. Ok so I've fixed this problem. I found this fix on a forum where someone said it worked for them. It's not something you'd ever consider doing under normal circumstances but as my mechanic felt that the problem was...
  5. M

Most of the time but occasionally it's not noticed
  6. M

Hope I'm allowed to bump for more input
  7. M

May I ask which one you used please?
  8. M

Please what is the difference between upper & lower versus just lower? Sorry, this is all new to me ☺️
  9. M

Oh.. you're saying upgraded mounts made it worse?
  10. M

Please could you link me to where I can buy these products? Thanks!
  11. M

I can mask the issue using 1.5k to 2k revs so if a dog bone mount may help further I might be able to live with that for now.
  12. M

Mk7 GTD manual 74k on the clock. Car is new to me. I've noticed a judder when pulling off from standstill as the clutch engages. I don't think that the clutch is slipping it drives perfectly every other way. I've read of people inserting a dog bone mount insert to help the issue. Any...
  13. M

Did you ever fix this issue please?
  14. M

I hope its not against the rules to resurrect a 4 year old thread but this thread discusses the exact issue I have! May I ask please if you ever got this sorted? Thank you
  15. M

Hi there. New to the forum.

Hello. Me & my GTD are glad to be here.